Flight Attendant applicant for Flair Airlines

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lukemark
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight Attendant applicant for Flair Airlines

Post by Lukemark »

Do anybody here is about or already had done the process of FA recruitment for Flair airlines? I just recieved and email to make a video about myself and upload it on Vimeo. Any tips you give will be highly appreciated. And also, is it true that FA training is done in Calgary? Thanks for helping an aspiring flight attendant :)
---------- ADS -----------

goldmxth
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Flight Attendant applicant for Flair Airlines

Post by goldmxth »

I just applied as well. I would love to know how the process is of becoming a FA for Flair.

Gulfstream5
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gulfstream5 »

Lukemark wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:28 pm Do anybody here is about or already had done the process of FA recruitment for Flair airlines? I just recieved and email to make a video about myself and upload it on Vimeo. Any tips you give will be highly appreciated. And also, is it true that FA training is done in Calgary? Thanks for helping an aspiring flight attendant :)
My daughter did that Vimeo video and then got called a couple days later, zoom call with 2 people from HR for 30 minutes and this last Friday she got an offer!!! The training will likely start online because of Covid and then gradually shift to YYZ when the numbers of cases decline . Air Canada has allowed the use of their facilities for training.

Lukemark
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lukemark »

Wow. That is great to hear. I also have uploaded my vimeo video but didnt recieved any feedbacks yet. I am just wondering how long after the Flair HR reached out on her after she uploaded her video? Thank you.

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

Gulfstream5 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:59 pm
Lukemark wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:28 pm Do anybody here is about or already had done the process of FA recruitment for Flair airlines? I just recieved and email to make a video about myself and upload it on Vimeo. Any tips you give will be highly appreciated. And also, is it true that FA training is done in Calgary? Thanks for helping an aspiring flight attendant :)
My daughter did that Vimeo video and then got called a couple days later, zoom call with 2 people from HR for 30 minutes and this last Friday she got an offer!!! The training will likely start online because of Covid and then gradually shift to YYZ when the numbers of cases decline . Air Canada has allowed the use of their facilities for training.
Wait..What?
Why would they do this?

Gulfstream5
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gulfstream5 »

Lukemark wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:21 am Wow. That is great to hear. I also have uploaded my vimeo video but didnt recieved any feedbacks yet. I am just wondering how long after the Flair HR reached out on her after she uploaded her video? Thank you.
From what my daughter mentioned over the phone, flair will use the max simulators which AC has loaned out to the new group of FAs. Drills and SOP will follow AC calls.
You may be waiting for a while as apparently the actual numbers of FAs needed will be dependent on an agreement with pivot in YKF to fly feeder throughout Southern Ontario, in which case they would use some of pivots FAs.

Good luck and let me know !

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Gulfstream5 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:57 pm
Lukemark wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:21 am Wow. That is great to hear. I also have uploaded my vimeo video but didnt recieved any feedbacks yet. I am just wondering how long after the Flair HR reached out on her after she uploaded her video? Thank you.
From what my daughter mentioned over the phone, flair will use the max simulators which AC has loaned out to the new group of FAs. Drills and SOP will follow AC calls.
You may be waiting for a while as apparently the actual numbers of FAs needed will be dependent on an agreement with pivot in YKF to fly feeder throughout Southern Ontario, in which case they would use some of pivots FAs.

Good luck and let me know !
Not sure where all that info came from, but drills and SOP are Flair's not AC's and will be trained by Flair instructors that way regardless of whose training aids are used.Unlikely Flair will be using Pivot aircraft or crew.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

Flair new hires are trained internally using Flair instructors. Drills are trained on a parked aircraft or at a few contract locations. Certainly no agreement with Pivot.

Gulfstream5
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gulfstream5 »

Sorry, this was for the recent flight attendant manager position

Lukemark
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lukemark »

just got an email from Flair Airlines that they wont pursue my apllication :(

ducky101
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ducky101 »

Out of curiosity, are there any tests in the Flight Attendant training for Flair Airlines? What if you fail the tests? Are you terminated completely?

GooseDriver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GooseDriver »

ducky101 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:06 pm Out of curiosity, are there any tests in the Flight Attendant training for Flair Airlines? What if you fail the tests? Are you terminated completely?
Weird you keep asking this… of course there is an evaluation. You will be provided with adequate training to pass the test but you still need to put in work yourself to be successful. If you do not pass, your progress and attitude will be reviewed and then you will either be offered additional training or terminated.

This isn’t specific to Flair. It’s any job ever.

Return to “Flair Airlines”