Flair Airlines - expansion plan?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Flair Airlines - expansion plan?

Post by Bede »

**** wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 am I think they're going to be bankrupt before the end of the year.
I remember 20 years ago I worked for an air ambulance outfit. 2 new companies started- the first with expensive airplanes, big investors, free boxed lunches for crews, etc. The second flew old PC-12, and operated on a shoe string. We were all sitting around the crew room talking about how the first company was going to be setting the standard for air ambulance operations and the second would be out of business within a year.

Well, the first company was out of business in a year, and the plucky upstart is still around 20 years later.
---------- ADS -----------

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

Bede wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:35 pm
**** wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 am I think they're going to be bankrupt before the end of the year.
I remember 20 years ago I worked for an air ambulance outfit. 2 new companies started- the first with expensive airplanes, big investors, free boxed lunches for crews, etc. The second flew old PC-12, and operated on a shoe string. We were all sitting around the crew room talking about how the first company was going to be setting the standard for air ambulance operations and the second would be out of business within a year.

Well, the first company was out of business in a year, and the plucky upstart is still around 20 years later.
Except in the airline world new, efficient aircraft have been proven to be the winner. Max's are now available at lease rates that are identical to what the NG was leasing for just a year ago. Max's burn 14% less fuel for the same cost. New aircraft have set and know maintenance costs.

It is exactly why the winner around the globe have taken on that strategy.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Old fella wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:54 am

Well.... wishing your airline nothing but the very best in the coming years, a successful airline helps us all. If you plan to expand into the Maritimes at some future point, I will try to give Flair a whirl, situation permitting.

Good luck 😊.
Thanks pal! Maritime expansion is definitely in the route structure. Just need the bubble to burst and interprovincial travel to be completely open before we fly in. Mark my words, when that happens, we will connect with the Maritimes.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

Good quick article confirmingteh order for 24 Max's:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... SKBN2B41JT

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

CaptainKirk wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:34 am [YouTube] https://youtu.be/5fQjrIxoNjE[/YouTube]

Flair pilot salary
Umm, okay??

On another note, are there going to be more bases than YVR and YYZ? And is YEG still a base?

vrefplus5
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrefplus5 »

Rooster. Apparently YXX/YKF/YOW are new bases....in addition to YVR/YYZ. I understand YEG is no longer one. In studying a typical ULCC structure, as they expand, you will likely see additional bases as well. Maritimes?

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

vrefplus5 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:24 am Rooster. Apparently YXX/YKF/YOW are new bases....in addition to YVR/YYZ. I understand YEG is no longer one. In studying a typical ULCC structure, as they expand, you will likely see additional bases as well. Maritimes?
YKF? That's a head scratcher. I suspect there will be a lot of interest in the YOW base and should a Maritime base opens up, that will be equally, if not more popular. Looks like Flair is quietly securing their place in this country. Nice to see an evolution from the usual duopoly. Best of luck! I've met many F8 crews and they all seem like a content bunch.

JakeLRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JakeLRS »

MONTREAL (YUL) added to the Summer 2021 destination lineup.

I'm gonna guess some of their deliveries got bumped up? or they were waiting for slot approval. Anywho, first ULCC to land in Quebec.

Its funny how 2 summers ago, Flair was the little guy and Swoop was the monster. Based on the current routes, its the other way around (until Swoop wakes up and adds more routes).

Return to “Flair Airlines”