CDC release study on masks during covid. Efficacy is 0.5-1.9 percent.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: CDC release study on masks during covid. Efficacy is 0.5-1.9 percent.

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

montado wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:01 pm I'm not anti mask. I am anti mask policy. This is not based solely on the science of mask efficacy. This is based on the efficacyof policy as a whole as well as my values.

Whether or not masks are mandated, in my opinion, makes very little differences in covid cases.
In that case, my apologies. It would be fair to say I am far less anti-mask than I am anti-mandatory-mask myself.

I would agree that not everyone who thinks we should all be wearing masks also thinks we should be forced to.
---------- ADS -----------

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:22 pm
montado wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:01 pm I'm not anti mask. I am anti mask policy. This is not based solely on the science of mask efficacy. This is based on the efficacyof policy as a whole as well as my values.

Whether or not masks are mandated, in my opinion, makes very little differences in covid cases.
In that case, my apologies. It would be fair to say I am far less anti-mask than I am anti-mandatory-mask myself.

I would agree that not everyone who thinks we should all be wearing masks also thinks we should be forced to.
It's better to protect the minority of vulnerable people than it is to force 7 billion people to wear masks* every day. If there are vulnerable people in one's family, they are likely susceptible to a lot more than the common cold. Families should be there to protect them and keep them out of public. If we weren't so atomised, we'd have a leg to stand on in this matter.

*masks-disposable, toxic, polluting, and proven statistically insignificant efficacy in general use. Also creates psychosocial ills dues to the face being obscured. The face is a necessary component of human communication and emotion. Especially for children, who always pay for the psychoses of our society. They know these facts. It's not "evolving" !sCiEnCe! like some will try to fool you into believing.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

The state with two thirds the population of Texas is out pacing them in cases while they double down on masks. Tell me more about how great mask policy is. Texas, no mask policy, higher population than NY and yet still less daily cases. 🤔 Florida also larger population and lower cases.

Meanwhile Biden is giving his speech about how we all need to wear masks, and this is not political... right... it’s definitely more political than scientific. What do I know, I’m just a dumb dumb!
9CA5B3EF-E174-477F-85D7-D2389740898C.jpeg
9CA5B3EF-E174-477F-85D7-D2389740898C.jpeg (171.52 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
EA1F30E5-61EE-42A8-8D68-9BB3E94BE08F.jpeg
EA1F30E5-61EE-42A8-8D68-9BB3E94BE08F.jpeg (169.03 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:22 pm I would agree that not everyone who thinks we should all be wearing masks also thinks we should be forced to.
Given that 80% of people hospitalized for Covid-19 were overweight or obese(CDC stat), maybe we should mandate exercise instead of masks.

Fat is the real pandemic.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

OneYonge wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:16 am
RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:22 pm I would agree that not everyone who thinks we should all be wearing masks also thinks we should be forced to.
Given that 80% of people hospitalized for Covid-19 were overweight or obese(CDC stat), maybe we should mandate exercise instead of masks.

Fat is the real pandemic.
+1.

We are in a FatDemic. It's flatten the curve, not FATten the curve, ok?
Overweight people are dangerous because they cause excessive hospital bed occupancy. We need those for the covid patients.
Smokers and drug users are also causing problems with hospital bed space. Killers, all of them.

RyanWalker90
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RyanWalker90 »

so if it weren't for the fat people and the heavy smokers and drinkers, COVID would not be such a serious public health crisis. Instead of shutting down the economy and putting millions out of work, we should ban smoking, candy, ice cream, hot dogs, donuts, pizza, etc. :rolleyes:

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

RyanWalker90 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:30 am so if it weren't for the fat people and the heavy smokers and drinkers, COVID would not be such a serious public health crisis. Instead of shutting down the economy and putting millions out of work, we should ban smoking, candy, ice cream, hot dogs, donuts, pizza, etc. :rolleyes:
yup. "follow the science" right? Many people confuse science with policy prescriptions.

If health guidelines had told us to socially distance from obese people over the age of fifty, the pandemic would already be over.

But noone dare say that so openly in public...it isn't very PC.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Oh @#$! Ford is talking! Pull the emergency brake! He said this is a new pandemic! It's new! I was right the pandemic was over but now we have a new one!

Listen in live folks... The man who has mismanaged the last 12 months is telling us how the next month will be!

Dangle carrot... Vaccine is coming... Just 4 more weeks and we can be normal folks! Dr doomvilla gave advice... Lots of good experts! Great... Okay what are we doing? Oh the new shutdown is exactly the same as what we have been doing since Christmas except outdoor dining must shut down again.. . Ah @#$!! If only we knew 12 months ago it was the outdoor dining... Well! So glad we got this figured out!

Edit

OH gawd Easter is cancelled folks! Don't get together with family... We all need to do our part...interesting the timeline of all these variants and changes they always hit a few days before holidays.

Ah here we go with what exactly a shutdown is.. We have done lockdown, we have done stay at home order... Today its called and "emergency brake shutdown" well what the @#$! does it mean! Doug is now explaining how we have the toughest restrictions in North America... Why aren't the doctors explaining why the tough measures are not giving different results than the no measures to the south of us?

Doug just admitted a bunch of healthcare workers have declined the vaccine and he doesn't know why. He's pleading for them to take the vaccine. 🤔

Do you see how these idiots keep removing and putting their mask back on as they approach and leave the podium. Doug Ford just stuffs his mask in his pocket. Like hello lead by example. The way your hands are all over your mask and you treat it like a Kleenex is not how this thing works. Anyone who knows the first thing about mask efficacy knows you have to use the PPE correct for it to even have any remote chance of being effective.

Last edited by montado on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

montado wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:58 am a bunch of healthcare workers have declined the vaccine
Fire them. All of them. With extreme prejudice.

I'm usually an ardent supporter of personal freedom regardless of consequence, but not with people who can't seem to grasp the idea that healthcare is supposed to stop further spread. These people are selfish, misinformed, and dangerous. I don't care if you have a religious or moral or health exemption to vaccine requirements. If you can't or won't be vaccinated, stay out of the fucking hospitals. Fire them. All of them. With extreme prejudice.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:24 am
montado wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:58 am a bunch of healthcare workers have declined the vaccine

I'm usually an ardent supporter of personal freedom regardless of consequence, but not with people who can't seem to grasp the idea that healthcare is supposed to stop further spread. These people are selfish, misinformed, and dangerous. I don't care if you have a religious or moral or health exemption to vaccine requirements. If you can't or won't be vaccinated, stay out of the fucking hospitals. Fire them. All of them. With extreme prejudice.
No, clearly you are not a supporter of personal freedom. You accept freedom when it’s convenient for you. Interesting perspective because I find you selfish, misinformed and dangerous.

Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

montado wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:52 pm Interesting perspective because I find you selfish, misinformed and dangerous.
:roll:

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

montado wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:52 pm
RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:24 am

No, clearly you are not a supporter of personal freedom. You accept freedom when it’s convenient for you. Interesting perspective because I find you selfish, misinformed and dangerous.
From the above opinion of mine, selfish and misinformed is possible, although not likely. I fail to see where you see it as dangerous, though.

And as far as being an ardent supporter of personal freedom, as the old adage goes, your freedom to swing your fists stops at my face. Some limits on freedom are necessary in a functioning society, otherwise I would be free to burn your house down, and you would be free to kill me in retribution. Where the line is drawn is something we clearly disagree on.

I am also perfectly free to refuse medical treatment from an unvaccinated doctor - as are all of us, in the form of vaccine mandates for active doctors.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

montado wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:58 am Oh @#$! Ford is talking! Pull the emergency brake! He said this is a new pandemic! It's new! I was right the pandemic was over but now we have a new one!

Listen in live folks... The man who has mismanaged the last 12 months is telling us how the next month will be!

Dangle carrot... Vaccine is coming... Just 4 more weeks and we can be normal folks! Dr doomvilla gave advice... Lots of good experts! Great... Okay what are we doing? Oh the new shutdown is exactly the same as what we have been doing since Christmas except outdoor dining must shut down again.. . Ah @#$!! If only we knew 12 months ago it was the outdoor dining... Well! So glad we got this figured out!

Edit

OH gawd Easter is cancelled folks! Don't get together with family... We all need to do our part...interesting the timeline of all these variants and changes they always hit a few days before holidays.

Ah here we go with what exactly a shutdown is.. We have done lockdown, we have done stay at home order... Today its called and "emergency brake shutdown" well what the @#$! does it mean! Doug is now explaining how we have the toughest restrictions in North America... Why aren't the doctors explaining why the tough measures are not giving different results than the no measures to the south of us?

Doug just admitted a bunch of healthcare workers have declined the vaccine and he doesn't know why. He's pleading for them to take the vaccine. 🤔

Do you see how these idiots keep removing and putting their mask back on as they approach and leave the podium. Doug Ford just stuffs his mask in his pocket. Like hello lead by example. The way your hands are all over your mask and you treat it like a Kleenex is not how this thing works. Anyone who knows the first thing about mask efficacy knows you have to use the PPE correct for it to even have any remote chance of being effective.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really tired of your uninformed, Monday morning quarterbacking tirades Montado. You're certainly not a medical professional from your comments. So what are your qualifications to comment intelligently?

How about the Mods put a stop to these endless, in reality, politically driven rants.

This is nothing to do with aviation, either.

ALL of us are severely inconvenienced and financially hurt by this pandemic whether we work in the industry or not.

Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

Censorship is apparently more harmful than misinformation.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:33 pm
montado wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:58 am Oh @#$! Ford is talking! Pull the emergency brake! He said this is a new pandemic! It's new! I was right the pandemic was over but now we have a new one!

Edit

How about the Mods put a stop to these endless, in reality, politically driven rants.
You don't have to participate but you chose to read and post in the covid thread. Ya, get the mods. What a tattle-tale, daddy government society.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Ruddervator wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:59 pm Censorship is apparently more harmful than misinformation.
The wrong people are being censored as usual.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/heal ... e=Homepage
“Dr. Walensky spoke broadly during this interview,” an agency spokesman told The Times. “It’s possible that some people who are fully vaccinated could get Covid-19. The evidence isn’t clear whether they can spread the virus to others. We are continuing to evaluate the evidence.”
That's the CDC director, you know the Head Corona Expert...for all of you talking about qualifications.
Turns out she doesn't know either. Enjoy Easter.

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

Evidence has been in for a while that you can get Covid after being vaccinated. One of many stories I have read. This one is in Washington State with over 100 fully vaccinated people getting Covid.

https://m.thebl.com/us-news/over-100-fu ... id-19.html

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:33 pm I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really tired of your uninformed, Monday morning quarterbacking tirades Montado. You're certainly not a medical professional from your comments. So what are your qualifications to comment intelligently?

This is nothing to do with aviation, either.

ALL of us are severely inconvenienced and financially hurt by this pandemic whether we work in the industry or not.
Wow really. We have been inconvenienced by the pandemic? Don't you mean to say by the politics?

You may not like my delivery, but did you chime in to Doug Ford's announcement. Can you tell my anything about it that you support? Here are the main points from what he said.

He said we are in a new pandemic, And the old pandemic was over but this is a new one.

He said we are going into an emergency brake shutdown. So I wanted to see what this means. It's basically a third way of saying what we did the previous two times. All that's changing is outdoor dining won't be allowed. Can you please show me where all the experts are that say outdoor dining is the problem?

Lastly I said Doug still has not figured out the basics of wearing a mask. Looks like maybe you are confused too. Here is some do's and don'ts of mask wearing for you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... ering.html

I take it you did not watch the announcement. Doug was missing all the do's and don'ts... No hand washing... Stuffing the mask in his pocket. So can you tell me what the point is to wear a mask if you won't even do it right? The very man who says masks are mandatory wears the mask like it's a joke.

These politicians running this gong show are all cancers to our society. I have lost all patience for the completely idiotic political game show going on. The reporters who asked questions literally said they were not getting answers to what they asked. One even said they don't want to ask a follow up question because they are not answering the questions to begin with.

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

Ruddervator wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:59 pm Censorship is apparently more harmful than misinformation.
These are not separate. 2 sides of the same coin.
Censorship is what makes misinformation work.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

The most important video about masks,that was based on decades of mask research... And then somehow public opinion and hysteria (along with mostly politics) mutated into science. Then people crusified Tam.

Dr. Tam thank you for the most logical explanation of masks I have ever seen in the video below. How many times did Doug Ford remove his mask last press conference and stuff it in his pocket. Did he wash his hands? Mask policy is completely idiotic. Decades of science prove that. Listen to how logical what she is saying is. Then go look at covid cases in Texas with no mandatory masks... Are you slowly coming around to leaving your hysterical idiotic beliefs?

How do you convince millions of Canadians that masks need to be worn and throw out decades of mask science? You get the media to convince everyone they are grandma killers if they don’t wear a mask. :rolleyes:

Return to “Covid”