AC and TRZ Agree to Terminate Arrangement

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: AC/TRZ Transaction Approved by TC - $5 per Share

Post by tailgunner »

Just another canuck wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:02 pm I've paid very little attention over the past months. Working elsewhere so I'm good. I didn't want the merger. Transat was a better place to work. Period. But the writing was on the wall so I did want the merger for job security. Nothing else. If it happens, it happens. If not, so be it. But if it does, I'll spend the next 30 years laughing my way into the cockpit telling every AC guy how much better Transat was and how I'd rather still be there just to watch your big red heads explode. 😂😂 I wonder how long I could get away with a blue star on my flight bag?🤔😁
---------- ADS -----------

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: AC and TRZ Agree to Terminate Arrangement

Post by simply_no_one »

Enjoy your lifestyle.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Government intervention on the way! No way Quebec will let transat fail, or would they?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Good luck guys.

Hopefully we see an industry aid package soon and PKP gets his act together and follows through on his offers to steady the TS course forward.

aerodude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aerodude »

aerodude wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:20 pm This deal is still far from finalized even with this announcement folks
Stand by......
There you go. As I said this was far from sealed. Seemed AC was tired of the government inaction and has decided to hand the feds the bag (no offense to TRZ).

This likely means a bailout is not coming for airlines.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

aerodude wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:26 pm
aerodude wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:20 pm This deal is still far from finalized even with this announcement folks
Stand by......
There you go. As I said this was far from sealed. Seemed AC was tired of the government inaction and has decided to hand the feds the bag (no offense to TRZ).

This likely means a bailout is not coming for airlines.
Did you read the two corporate press releases?

The EU would not agree to terms acceptable to AC.

This has nothing to do with the Feds.

aerodude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aerodude »

rudder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:29 pm Did you read the two corporate press releases?

The EU would not agree to terms acceptable to AC.

This has nothing to do with the Feds.

Yes but I can say that’s the official excuse. Probably more behind the scenes talk that didn’t go too well.

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

As I've repeated before, the EU was NEVER going to approve this deal. They have spent billions to bail out their own airlines and there is no way in hell that they would allow two airlines in Canada to merge, thus creating a monopoly on a series of city pairs that would hurt the very own European airlines that they had just bailed out.

Return to “Air Transat”