RYanair forced to land in “White Russia”

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bolter
Rank 2
Rank 2

RYanair forced to land in “White Russia”

Post by Bolter »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/belarus-a ... -1.6038279

Gospadin Lukashenko doing a bit of overreach to arrest (& likely get rid of) a journalist.
Doubt much will happen but think flights to/from Belarus, including entering their airspace, should be banned until buddy is turned loose & returned to the west. Subsidy made available for western airlines affected.
Doubt that will happen. 🛑 or I’ll say 🛑 again 🙄
---------- ADS -----------

Bogus pitotubes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: RYanair forced to land in “White Russia”

Post by Bogus pitotubes »

R2P to the rescue! Oh wait, another toothless virtue signalling signature effort completed by the Liberals & endorsed by the UN.
Buddy has no hope.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Bolter wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:27 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/belarus-a ... -1.6038279

Gospadin Lukashenko doing a bit of overreach to arrest (& likely get rid of) a journalist.
Doubt much will happen but think flights to/from Belarus, including entering their airspace, should be banned until buddy is turned loose & returned to the west. Subsidy made available for western airlines affected.
Journalist LOL. More like traitorous trouble maker. Belarus is one of the last clean countries that have resisted Western degeneracy, all due to the efforts of Luka (whether anyone likes him or not). Belarusians have in society what Canadians USED to have before circa 1965. People like Tsikhanouskaya and Protasevich aren't true Belarusians, they are full-fledged degenerate Westerners out to destroy the Belarusian way of life. Not every country is like Canada and just lets every single foreign asset walk all over it.

It's fully within Lukashenko's reach to have an aircraft intercepted if he perceived a threat to his country. Anybody cry when a plane suspected of carrying assange was intercepted and forced to land in Austria?

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

ReserveTank wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:58 pm Journalist LOL. More like traitorous trouble maker. Belarus is one of the last clean countries that have resisted Western degeneracy, all due to the efforts of Luka (whether anyone likes him or not). Belarusians have in society what Canadians USED to have before circa 1965. People like Tsikhanouskaya and Protasevich aren't true Belarusians, they are full-fledged degenerate Westerners out to destroy the Belarusian way of life. Not every country is like Canada and just lets every single foreign asset walk all over it.

It's fully within Lukashenko's reach to have an aircraft intercepted if he perceived a threat to his country. Anybody cry when a plane suspected of carrying assange was intercepted and forced to land in Austria?
Amazing....You must be part of the Russian troll factory (Propaganda kitchen) :lol:

At least change "perceived threat to his country" for "perceived threat to himself"

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

TG wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:57 am
ReserveTank wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:58 pm Journalist LOL. More like traitorous trouble maker. Belarus is one of the last clean countries that have resisted Western degeneracy, all due to the efforts of Luka (whether anyone likes him or not). Belarusians have in society what Canadians USED to have before circa 1965. People like Tsikhanouskaya and Protasevich aren't true Belarusians, they are full-fledged degenerate Westerners out to destroy the Belarusian way of life. Not every country is like Canada and just lets every single foreign asset walk all over it.

Amazing....You must be part of the Russian troll factory (Propaganda kitchen) :lol:

At least change "perceived threat to his country" for "perceived threat to himself"
Stop reading CNN mate. "Russian Troll". Give me a break. A country has every right to police its airspace as it pleases. Of course, any action taken can affect its relations to the international community, but that's not our issue.

Pretend for a second you're a neutral observer. How does Russia and Belarus see the NATO expansion literally on their doorstep? What if China expanded their "islands" somewhere off the coast of BC? How would you take that? It's not about being a troll. It's a fact (that) Belarus is a sovereign nation and has control over its airspace, as does Canada, the USA, Germany etc.

Are you outraged that US has a "no fly list" for Canadian carriers that don't take off and land in the USA but transit through their airspace? I doubt it. They can, because it's their airspace.

Personally I don't think this incident will do much help to help Belarus, but do they care? I doubt it.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

ReserveTank wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:58 pmBelarusians have in society what Canadians USED to have before circa 1965.
I'm not sure many people would say the society Canadians used to have before 1965 was a better thing than it is today. Residential schools were in full swing, same-sex sexual activity was unlawful (until 1969), the Canadian Human Rights Act was passed in 1977 and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms didn't exist until 1982.

Agreed some people think of these things as retrograde steps, but I"m not sure it would be a mainstream view.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Julian.B wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:47 am

Stop reading CNN mate. "Russian Troll". Give me a break. A country has every right to police its airspace as it pleases. Of course, any action taken can affect its relations to the international community, but that's not our issue.

Pretend for a second you're a neutral observer. How does Russia and Belarus see the NATO expansion literally on their doorstep? What if China expanded their "islands" somewhere off the coast of BC? How would you take that? It's not about being a troll. It's a fact (that) Belarus is a sovereign nation and has control over its airspace, as does Canada, the USA, Germany etc.

Are you outraged that US has a "no fly list" for Canadian carriers that don't take off and land in the USA but transit through their airspace? I doubt it. They can, because it's their airspace.

Personally I don't think this incident will do much help to help Belarus, but do they care? I doubt it.
I'm far for reading CNN "mate" :roll:

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

ReserveTank wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:58 pm
Bolter wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:27 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/belarus-a ... -1.6038279

Journalist LOL. More like traitorous trouble maker. Belarus is one of the last clean countries that have resisted Western degeneracy, all due to the efforts of Luka (whether anyone likes him or not). Belarusians have in society what Canadians USED to have before circa 1965. People like Tsikhanouskaya and Protasevich aren't true Belarusians, they are full-fledged degenerate Westerners out to destroy the Belarusian way of life. Not every country is like Canada and just lets every single foreign asset walk all over it.
Why am I not surprised to see that you’re the one to post such absolute apologist drivel. Why don’t you emigrate there? You could spend all day engaged in your favourite pastime, bootlicker!

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Hot Wings wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:03 am
ReserveTank wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:58 pm

Why am I not surprised to see that you’re the one to post such absolute apologist drivel. Why don’t you emigrate there? You could spend all day engaged in your favourite pastime, bootlicker!
To be an apologist requires an apology, and I am unapologetic.
Way ahead of you on the migration. I hold citizenship and residence in multiple countries, and I guarantee that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Eastern European and Russian affairs.
You really think these phony Belarusians are interested in the well-being of the citizens? That's the media's boot that you're licking. That's right, scroll through their 24/7 feeds and get your little dopamine hits so you can feel like you support "democracy." Just remember, Luka won with well over 80% against an unknown, and your media says it was rigged. If you say that about the 2020 US election, you could be deplatformed or even detained. So, what's the difference?

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:30 am
ReserveTank wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:58 pmBelarusians have in society what Canadians USED to have before circa 1965.
I'm not sure many people would say the society Canadians used to have before 1965 was a better thing than it is today. Residential schools were in full swing, same-sex sexual activity was unlawful (until 1969), the Canadian Human Rights Act was passed in 1977 and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms didn't exist until 1982.

Agreed some people think of these things as retrograde steps, but I"m not sure it would be a mainstream view.
Prior to all of those things, we had a high-trust society, thus we had no need for these acts and laws. Because of parasitic low-trust interests such as flooding the workforce with low-income labour, we "needed" these laws to enforce these infringements upon Canadians- Canadians who just really want to work, have a family, and be left alone. These Canadians (through their ancestors) and their high-trust behaviours are what allows everyone to have all of the nice objects and opportunities that they have. Unlike, say, I don't know, sub-Saharan Africa where (what was invented?)...

What's popular is not always right or good. You can make anything mainstream if you own the platform and keep drilling the psychology. It's the entire purpose of the smartphone.
Kind of like how Nickelback was so popular. Garbage music, but they were played every 4th song. The feeds on your phone help ensure that your worldview sits in a very narrow channel, where no real solution can exist. It's all just analysis and no action. The oligarchs are afraid of you taking action. Better to keep you emotional and stupid. You leftists used to be against this kind of thing. Then the smartphone came out. Sometimes it is as easy as 1+1=2.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Wow the gaslighting is impressive. :lol:

This was an unprecidented act of air piracy by a nation no less.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

dhc# wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:05 am Wow the gaslighting is impressive. :lol:
It would almost be funny if I didn't think ReserveTank didn't actually think this way. He blames institutional racism in Canada on black people from Africa, which is highly ironic.

I'm guessing that ReserveTank was born in a shithole country with no freedoms.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

ReserveTank wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:53 am

Prior to all of those things, we had a high-trust society, thus we had no need for these acts and laws.
Canada had a very high-trust society made by and for straight European white men where straight European white men trusted each other, and straight European white men had no need for these acts and laws. That's quite true.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
munzil
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by munzil »

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

This was an unprecidented act of air piracy by a nation no less.
It's not unprecedented. Planes get diverted and intercepted for all kinds of reasons, including unruly pax. This pax happened to be on the wanted list for engaging in terrorist activity. You think a wanted terrorist should receive safe passage over the very country that they are wanted in?

Picture this, it's sometime in 2002 and intel shows Osama Bin Laden on a flight traversing Canadian airspace. Let him pass?
CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:57 am He blames institutional racism in Canada on black people from Africa, which is highly ironic.
One, I never even came close to saying that. Inner city schools aren't much at teaching reading comprehension, I suppose. Two, there is no institutional racism in Canada. Canadians are unanimous in allowing everyone to walk all over them.
CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:57 am I'm guessing that ReserveTank was born in a shithole country with no freedoms.
Just the kind of shithole that Canada welcomes with open arms and big government cheques. It's what your forefathers went to Vimy Ridge to defend. Speaking of freedom, are you allowed to go outside and go back to work yet?

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

Last edited by Julian.B on Mon May 24, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:05 am
ReserveTank wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:53 am

Prior to all of those things, we had a high-trust society, thus we had no need for these acts and laws.
Canada had a very high-trust society made by and for straight European white men where straight European white men trusted each other, and straight European white men had no need for these acts and laws. That's quite true.
The link is high trust. Rule of decent law. Work. Family. Belarusians want these things and they have been receiving them. They don't want terrorists and agitators starting up riots in their cities. Luka put the brakes on that operation, at least for the moment. I suspect that Twitter and Instagram will feed agitation to the susceptible. This time, though, there aren't going to be busloads of leftist Polish, Latvian, and Ukrainian university girls to make you think there are Belarusians protesting in the streets. Luka closed that avenue off as well.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

What do you mean by "high trust"?

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Julian.B wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:03 am
CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:57 am
It would almost be funny if I didn't think ReserveTank didn't actually think this way. He blames institutional racism in Canada on black people from Africa, which is highly ironic.

I'm guessing that ReserveTank was born in a shithole country with no freedoms.

You know what's funny? Many of us born in "Sh*thole countries with no freedom" knew we were living in a "Shithole country with no freedom".

You "Pure Canadians" don't know that... (you now also live in a sh*thole country with no freedom).
That's the painful part about it. Canada was a very good country, considered one of the best along with the likes of Germany, Britain, and Switzerland (see a pattern?). It had a good reputation as a peaceful and peacekeeping nation. The economy has always been resilient, and the treatment of its citizens was the envy of many nations.

But all of that has been withering for the past 10 years, and the decay has rapidly accelerated in the past 5. Canadians went from screaming about genital mutilation in Africa to passively accepting that Canadian boys should be snipped and made into eunuchs. Everyone with a shithole passport comes over to loot Canadian tax dollars. While Canadian birth rates sink year after year, they welcome (and fully pay for) foreign families to immigrate with quad-strollers full of kids. I wonder if those kids are going to care about equal rights when they are the majority. Fun times await.

I'm afraid the self righteousness comes from riding on the tattered coattails of what the country used to be. It's kind of like the idiots who always point to Sweden as some kind of global example of a great country. If anything, they should have been the example of breaking themselves from the inside due to their reckless globalist policies. But it's entirely the point of the nonstop barrage of self-righteous media feeds-To make the midwits feel numb whilst the country goes into full dilapidation a la South Africa.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:21 am What do you mean by "high trust"?
Now you're just joking with me.

Return to “General Comments”