Encore Recalls

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Encore Recalls

Post by Babar350 »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:47 pm
shawnthesheep wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:14 pm
Yycjetdriver wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Safe to assume those spots will all be filled with mainline pilots?
Given the recent round of 400 layoffs and the fact most of them had a fair amount of seniority.
Sounds like this is all new guys. This isn't a reduction bid. It's gonna be all laid off guys
That is correct. Even though there’s going to be outrage and maybe a grievance filed by the WJAMEC, the only people eligible for this recall are pilots who were furloughed from Encore. If a WJA or WSW pilot did not bump into Encore, they’re not considered being furloughed from Encore.
How do you know there won't be any mainline recalls announced in couple of weeks?
Recall doesn't mean being trained.
---------- ADS -----------

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 am Who's feeling the pain?
Those that will be affected when the “one list” disappears. Covid has brought to light the issues with the one list and the companies ability/willingness to circumvent it. It’s only a matter of time before it’s voted out.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Babar350 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:59 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:47 pm
shawnthesheep wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Sounds like this is all new guys. This isn't a reduction bid. It's gonna be all laid off guys
That is correct. Even though there’s going to be outrage and maybe a grievance filed by the WJAMEC, the only people eligible for this recall are pilots who were furloughed from Encore. If a WJA or WSW pilot did not bump into Encore, they’re not considered being furloughed from Encore.
How do you know there won't be any mainline recalls announced in couple of weeks?
Recall doesn't mean being trained.
You might have misunderstood me.

The 125 recalls are being offered ONLY to those who were furloughed from Encore.

This is not at all related to the 80 recalls at WJ.

Greasy Greaser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Greasy Greaser »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:14 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 am Who's feeling the pain?
Those that will be affected when the “one list” disappears. Covid has brought to light the issues with the one list and the companies ability/willingness to circumvent it. It’s only a matter of time before it’s voted out.
2023 is when the new CA comes in for WS & WSW which is when this is most likely going to happen as we all already know.
This whole process has been a mess and I feel for the guys/gals who are going to be affected by this. Hopefully doesn't happen imo.

Lose != Loose
Blue42
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blue42 »

Zanzibar wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:18 pm I am curious...have mainline bump downs to encore started to train up on the Q
There have been a couple ground schools so far, next is planned for Jun 7th YYZ base.....subject to change now I’m guessing

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

Congrats to the recalled!

Return to “WestJet Encore”