Early Connection Program

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

runway29
Rank 0
Rank 0

Early Connection Program

Post by runway29 »

Hi guys, nervous first poster here :prayer:

I got in the Early Connection program and it tells me to apply at 1000 hours for the FO position. On the other hand, i've heard of some friends and colleagues doing interviews way before the 1000 hours, but they weren't part of the program.

I am wondering how strict is Porter in regards to Early Connection candidates applying with less than 1000 hours
---------- ADS -----------

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Early Connection Program

Post by flyingcanuck »

It basically means nothing now, it just gets you in to network a bit more. But I doubt it does anything regarding getting a spot

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

runway29 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am Hi guys, nervous first poster here :prayer:

I got in the Early Connection program and it tells me to apply at 1000 hours for the FO position. On the other hand, i've heard of some friends and colleagues doing interviews way before the 1000 hours, but they weren't part of the program.

I am wondering how strict is Porter in regards to Early Connection candidates applying with less than 1000 hours

The whole point of the early connection program is to get you in the system before 1000h.

You have to have close to 1000h before interviewing. The low timer interviews may have been those who applied for the Destination Porter program - you have to interview to be part of that program and then interview again once you reach 1000h.

There have been a few people hired with less than 1000h, but it’s typically 900-ish, and often with PC12 or other equivalent that makes the transition to our aircraft a little easier.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions!

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Why limit yourself to just porter? Jazz and encore are looking at it below 1000 hour pilots now as well.

172ReliefPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 172ReliefPilot »

fish4life wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:04 pm Why limit yourself to just porter? Jazz and encore are looking at it below 1000 hour pilots now as well.
Not unless you have significant equivalent time in turbo prop or multi engine a/c. 1000h tt is still the stiff min for encore and jazz is only taking people under 1000 that have significant multi time or are apart of a pathways school.....i know a lot of 1300-1400 hour guys not getting looks at jazz because they dont have much multi

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

I applied to Porter last fall via the RIVS app and it's been 7 months so far without receiving an interview invite. Got in touch with one of their reps a few months ago as soon as I passed 750 TT and was told to drop in a resume again after I reached 1000 TT. Sitting at 900 TT (turbine) now and I still haven't heard from anyone. Meanwhile, I keep hearing that the interview process begins as you get closer to 1000 TT. So I'm not really sure what the hiring outlook is at Porter right now. For one, I know they're not running as many ground schools each month as Encore or Jazz. I will apply again when I pass 1000 TT and see how it goes. Speaking of, anyone know how to update your file with Porter? RIVS isn't the most convenient application when it comes to that, and now I can't figure out how I did it a few months ago when I contacted their rep. :smt017

MrA

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

MrAviator, normally interviews are not given until you’re closer to 1000, so if the latest info on RIVS is 750 that’s likely why.

Shoot me a PM and I’ll pass on a contact person for you.

foxonefoxone
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by foxonefoxone »

I have 1500+ TT and was wondering when should I expect a reply.

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

Foxone, is your latest resume showing 1500h updated in the system? They have been contacting people over the last few months for interviews, it’s an ongoing process, but it has been a little slower over the past 6-7 months since turnover has been extremely slow.

Maybe if you haven’t heard anything, it’s worth getting a buddy to look over your resume and cover letter and see if there are any potential gaps/issues? Just because you’ve met the hour requirement doesn’t mean you’re automatically given an interview (unless you’re with the mentorship program). I can also give you a contact in recruitment if you shoot me a PM.

Shinyjetsyndrome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Shinyjetsyndrome »

I know it may be a bit pre-mature given that Porter hasn't even restarted yet and not all pilots have been recalled, however, does anyone know if destination: porter and/or the early connections program is returning once Porter is back in a growth position?

Wayans
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Wayans »

Shinyjetsyndrome wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:15 pm I know it may be a bit pre-mature given that Porter hasn't even restarted yet and not all pilots have been recalled, however, does anyone know if destination: porter and/or the early connections program is returning once Porter is back in a growth position?
Still need to get our most senior pilots back in the saddle before we can think about new hires. I am sure it will be under consideration, but I would ask the question again after we've had at least a couple months operating. So in the late fall / early winter.

Return to “Porter Airlines”