Classic Dash replacement??

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Classic Dash replacement??

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

genetic jack hammer wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:31 am I was speaking with our YYZ Capt rep last week. For now, it looks like AC wants to keep 5 -300's between YYZ and YUL. We'll see if that plan sticks....
Either temporary or a stupid move.

Air Canada can't possibly compete long term on that route with WestJet, Porter, and Air Transat offering noticeably a noticeably nicer product.
---------- ADS -----------

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:19 am
genetic jack hammer wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:31 am I was speaking with our YYZ Capt rep last week. For now, it looks like AC wants to keep 5 -300's between YYZ and YUL. We'll see if that plan sticks....

Air Canada can't possibly compete long term on that route with WestJet, Porter, and Air Transat offering noticeably a noticeably nicer product.
That would be 5 aircraft based in YYZ or YUL to operate to secondary airports. AC won't be running a -300 on between YYZ and YUL.

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

47north wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:45 am

That would be 5 aircraft based in YYZ or YUL to operate to secondary airports. AC won't be running a -300 on between YYZ and YUL.
I would think retaining the 5 aircraft is a temporary measure and all the 300's are still on their way out this year, likely by the winter sked. I will like others miss the aircraft, however, time marches on and they've served well.

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

47north wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:45 am

Yah, I didn't mean to say operate between the two. I meant to say flying out of YUL and YYZ, to the smaller markets.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Have any of the retired -300s been sent to YYB for disposal/repurposing as of yet ?

Gravity always wins
Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

Kosiw wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:06 pm Have any of the retired -300s been sent to YYB for disposal/repurposing as of yet ?
I'm sure the 300s that went through the lifetime extension will be very desirable to other operators.

MortyBubba
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MortyBubba »

flyingb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingb »

Is there perhaps a possibility that the classic will stick around a little longer? Or is it still in the plan to retire all the classics by the end of 2021? With the aviation sector ramping up and increasing quite quickly, perhaps they have revised their need to keep it a little longer...

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

flyingb wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:58 am Is there perhaps a possibility that the classic will stick around a little longer? Or is it still in the plan to retire all the classics by the end of 2021? With the aviation sector ramping up and increasing quite quickly, perhaps they have revised their need to keep it a little longer...
I personally think they are still on their way out, there is however a need for them in the short term to ramp up traffic at a lower cost in markets where passenger demand was zero.

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Splash wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:34 am
flyingb wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:58 am Is there perhaps a possibility that the classic will stick around a little longer? Or is it still in the plan to retire all the classics by the end of 2021? With the aviation sector ramping up and increasing quite quickly, perhaps they have revised their need to keep it a little longer...
I personally think they are still on their way out, there is however a need for them in the short term to ramp up traffic at a lower cost in markets where passenger demand was zero.
Yup they gone... With mainline getting approx 300 vacancies on their pilot roster, it will allow some of their equipment to free up some of the Express equipment to take over the remaining Classic routes.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”