Recent issues in Red Lake

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Corbin Dallas
Rank 0
Rank 0

Recent issues in Red Lake

Post by Corbin Dallas »

Has anyone been noticing some lapses in service quality with the FSS in Red Lake over the last couple months?
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Recent issues in Red Lake

Post by lownslow »

You mean Kenora Radio or something else? I’ve noticed all Flight Service Stations lately seem to be slower to respond to initial contact and getting the conditions at the airport has been like pulling teeth. I don’t k ow if that’s due to internal policy change or some weird interpretation of work to rule or maybe I’m just imagining it.

Rocinante
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rocinante »

Can't speak to YRL, but YOH always seems like there's that small "are they working?" combined with a dash of "...comm failure?" pause before Kenora Radio responds going in there. If other places are experiencing this too, you could give benefit of the doubt and say "old equipment", or it could very well be some variant of work-to-rule.

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

Just start making calls to Red Lake traffic. They respond pretty quickly when they realize things can continue pretty well without them.

stef
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by stef »

Idk guys. I feel like I get pretty good service at MFs. Every once in a while at a quiet airport there is a short delay, but I get that it is because they are working multiple frequencies. Maybe if you’ve got some chill pills you can munch on for 5 seconds next time, that’ll take care of the issue.

Regarding the service at YOH :lol: :rolleyes: …obvious veteran of the North here…just keep calling them, they’ll get right back to you.

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”