Any updates on training?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Any updates on training?

Post by wanderlust_xx »

aircanada333 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:10 pm Can anyone confirm if they've been recalled for the IFR stream?
Not me! I was in YVR specialty training. Towards the end of it.
---------- ADS -----------

Terrachova
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Terrachova »

No word yet here either. YYZ, near the end of Specialty as well.

Wish my brain would stop telling me I filled out the questionnaire wrong somehow despite spending like three hours on it, hah.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

ATC trainee postings for bilingual people for Montreal:

https://navcanada.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com ... ee_JR-2203

https://navcanada.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com ... ee_JR-2204

Posting expires tomorrow, Oct 8.

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nekton »

FWIW I recently emailed Nav Canada regarding my status which has just passed the 18 month period since I first applied, and is currently at the 'interview' stage. I wanted to know if previous applications were also extended to 36 months as is now stated in their website hiring info, and if there was any word on if/when applicants currently in the queue might be contacted. The reply confirmed the extension and said that 'assessments are tentatively scheduled to resume this fall based on training courses needed to support operational requirements'. Encouraging.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

atcthrowawayyy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:27 am ATC trainee postings for bilingual people for Montreal:

https://navcanada.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com ... ee_JR-2203

https://navcanada.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com ... ee_JR-2204

Posting expires tomorrow, Oct 8.
These postings were taking down a day earlier, Oct. 7. Likely created in error - the national job posting is already there. Also, doesn't make sense to have two job postings for the same position.

Looks like an overly excited HR person went ahead and created the postings, and was asked to pull them down.

aircanada333
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aircanada333 »

Just wanted to bump this post to see if anyone's heard any updates.

Apparently YUL began in-person testing for candidate selection?

FutureINatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FutureINatc »

YWG has begun rehiring those who finished in OJT and towards the end of speciality.
No news on when they will consider restarting Generic En route or terminal courses though.

RunwayWindAltimer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RunwayWindAltimer »

aircanada333 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:00 am Just wanted to bump this post to see if anyone's heard any updates.

Apparently YUL began in-person testing for candidate selection?
From what I've heard, yul region is trying to fill an FSS ab-initio course right now. VFR and IFR courses next year.

liquorshot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by liquorshot »

I've mostly given up on expecting NAV to recall the fired employees.. it's been over a year and it doesn't look like NAV is resuming any IFR courses anytime soon..

Maybe its time to move on.. anybody on the same boat?

Teenth
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Teenth »

liquorshot wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:53 pm I've mostly given up on expecting NAV to recall the fired employees.. it's been over a year and it doesn't look like NAV is resuming any IFR courses anytime soon..

This seems wild to me. I just moved to the Interview stage a week or two before coronavirus shut everything down. With air traffic picking up and a lot of people in the industry leaving, how are they dealing with the deficit if they aren't recalling the trainees? Isn't this going to lead to dangerous situations in labour? I thought I had to be a reason to be frustrated but man that sucks! I wish they were more transparent.

Mynamewastaken
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mynamewastaken »

liquorshot wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:53 pm I've mostly given up on expecting NAV to recall the fired employees.. it's been over a year and it doesn't look like NAV is resuming any IFR courses anytime soon..

Some speciality and ojt trainees have been recalled in yyz

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

I can confirm *some* IFR trainees that were in specialty have been called back in the YVR region (this includes myself).

Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 10135734 »

Any recent updates on IFR training across Canada?

Tallayega
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tallayega »

Several IFR trainees are back in YEG. No word on when hiring will resume.

aircanada333
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aircanada333 »

Are there any trainees who were in specialty or OJT who are still waiting to be called back?

I'm guessing all of them would need to be called back in order for ab initio trainees to be re hired..

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

10135734 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:01 pm Any recent updates on IFR training across Canada?
check your PM.

Itsboogietime
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Itsboogietime »

atcthrowawayyy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:13 pm
10135734 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:01 pm Any recent updates on IFR training across Canada?
check your PM.
I'm looking for an update too, could you PM me as well if it's not thing you want to share here? Thanks.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

aircanada333 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:19 am Are there any trainees who were in specialty or OJT who are still waiting to be called back?

I'm guessing all of them would need to be called back in order for ab initio trainees to be re hired..
Probably looking at late 2022 or 2023 for new hires, given how they havent recalled or even reached out to everyone that was fired, or maybe they dont plan on contacting everyone that was laid off?

guanin2999
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by guanin2999 »

I thought I'd check the forums today to see if there any updates, and was of course disappointed when I saw the latest post being about Navcanada not expecting new hires until late 2022 or 2023..

And then literally 30 mins later I suddenly receive an email from Navcanada about scheduling a panel interview! Talk about a coincidence lol :prayer:

atcguy98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcguy98 »

guanin2999 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:41 am I thought I'd check the forums today to see if there any updates, and was of course disappointed when I saw the latest post being about Navcanada not expecting new hires until late 2022 or 2023..

And then literally 30 mins later I suddenly receive an email from Navcanada about scheduling a panel interview! Talk about a coincidence lol :prayer:
So you've gone through the entire process already and are getting the interview now? I'm still waiting on an in-person test invite at YYZ since doing the online test, I think that's what they mean by 2022 or 2023, us brand new hires.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”