Writing for COPA

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Writing for COPA

Post by Cat Driver »

I wonder how all the regular story writers in COPA manage to churn out a new exciting story every month?

How many versions of such heart stopping stuff as "How to survive the dreaded x/wind landing" can these guys think up?

If nothing else I am impressed by their creativity in sitting down and writing all those articles.

Anyone else wonder how they do it?

Cat
---------- ADS -----------

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

It's a job, Cat. You just change the aircraft, weather condition, experience level of pilot, location, and voila! Instant story.

That's what I do. But I do it with flair. :wink:

By the way, I'd jump at the chance to get paid by an airplane or motorcycle magazine.

-istp

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

Garth Wallace always had some interesting snippets.

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Writing for COPA

Post by desksgo »

Cat Driver wrote: Anyone else wonder how they do it?

Cat
Don't give them too much credit Cat..they've accepted my stuff in the past :lol:

Last edited by desksgo on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Writing for COPA

Post by hazatude »

desksgo wrote:
Cat Driver wrote: Anyone else wonder how they do it?

Cat
they've accepting my stuff in the past :lol:
In English?

Over the Horn
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Over the Horn »

I don't even read copa anymore or most of the other aviation publications they're all the same boring crap, how many time's can Flying (or any other magazine) review a 172 even if its new its still the same plane thats been built for the last 30 years. :roll:

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

I think COPA is a good organization. Everything cant be 100%, but I think they do a good job. Didnt belong for years because I thought they were a little to focused on selling insurance and then when I tried their website a while ago, darned if I could figure out how to buy a membership.

How about this. Instead of demanding perfection, we all pitch in to make COPA a national voice for pilots.

Guess I feel there is a little to much negativity on these forums.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

I was not being negative, I was just wondering how these guys can write a story every month.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
mikegtzg
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mikegtzg »

Some people are story tellers. We have all met them. (including myself) And this type of person can tell others of experiences with enthusiasm. Yes many of us have had a similar experience as the article. And that is why we like to read it. These people are just repeating the same story they told there buddies at the flighclub lounge or local Tim's.
There are a few regular posters on this site that would likely make great contributors. Especially the controversal posts. The feedback in the Pilots to Pilots section would be as entertaining as this forum is sometimes.

Also I'm going to plug a big hooray for COPA. It's not perfect, but it is the largest voice for pilots and GA in Canada. And there efforts especially the Special Action Fund have defended both aviators, mechanics, and aerodrome owners from the terror of the government.

Return to “General Comments”