What are you guys doing?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

carnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

What are you guys doing?

Post by carnie »

First time pax with you guys but what's going on with your sched? Booked a ticket for the 22nd flight scrubbed and moved to the 21st with no other option. Now day of, get an email saying the flight is departing 1.5 hrs late. Not a great first impression.
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: What are you guys doing?

Post by tbaylx »

carnie wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:06 am First time pax with you guys but what's going on with your sched? Booked a ticket for the 22nd flight scrubbed and moved to the 21st with no other option. Now day of, get an email saying the flight is departing 1.5 hrs late. Not a great first impression.

Agreed, we've had some disruptions this week and certainly not to our desired standard of service. A combination of maintenance, weather and crewing all of which we're actively working on fixes for. If one or two aircraft in a 12 aircraft fleet go down for maintenance it's pretty disruptive. As we add tails and frequency it will become easier to recover on the day of operations

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

I’m no expert on expanding an airline but my two cents of the matter is it seems like the routes and destinations are perhaps to great for the current number of aircraft? The reason I haven’t flown flair yet is if my trying to fly yyc-yyj and there’s one flight every 3-4 days to yyj from yyc it doesn’t exactly work.. I get trying to get established in as many new routes as possible so when the aircraft arrive building frequency should help make traveling round trips on flair easier, I dunno tho I guess in my head fewer routes hirer frequency make more sense ?

Tolip
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tolip »

link821 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:57 pm I’m no expert on expanding an airline but my two cents of the matter is it seems like the routes and destinations are perhaps to great for the current number of aircraft? The reason I haven’t flown flair yet is if my trying to fly yyc-yyj and there’s one flight every 3-4 days to yyj from yyc it doesn’t exactly work.. I get trying to get established in as many new routes as possible so when the aircraft arrive building frequency should help make traveling round trips on flair easier, I dunno tho I guess in my head fewer routes hirer frequency make more sense ?
I never understand why people are surprised by this? Flair is rated across the board by critics to be a 1 or 2 star airline OUT of 10... they habitually let down their customers and screw them over, and your absolutely right that they are expanding beyond their reach.. purposefully offering worse and worse service in Hope's of capturing market share. Basically putting business concerns over the concerns of their passengers. Both aircanada and westjet are currently charging almost the SAME price for a ticket.. do the math and fly with an airline that will actually make your needs a priority

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Kind of a get what you pay for situation.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Tolip wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:43 pm
link821 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:57 pm I’m no expert on expanding an airline but my two cents of the matter is it seems like the routes and destinations are perhaps to great for the current number of aircraft? The reason I haven’t flown flair yet is if my trying to fly yyc-yyj and there’s one flight every 3-4 days to yyj from yyc it doesn’t exactly work.. I get trying to get established in as many new routes as possible so when the aircraft arrive building frequency should help make traveling round trips on flair easier, I dunno tho I guess in my head fewer routes hirer frequency make more sense ?
I never understand why people are surprised by this? Flair is rated across the board by critics to be a 1 or 2 star airline OUT of 10... they habitually let down their customers and screw them over, and your absolutely right that they are expanding beyond their reach.. purposefully offering worse and worse service in Hope's of capturing market share. Basically putting business concerns over the concerns of their passengers. Both aircanada and westjet are currently charging almost the SAME price for a ticket.. do the math and fly with an airline that will actually make your needs a priority
I flew on them on a 4 hour mid-afternoon flight which had a one hour connection time to a late night flight to destination. AC had several flights on that 4 hour leg. The one departing at the same time was cancelled and the later ones were delayed. Meanwhile, the overnight Westjet/Swoop flight was cancelled. I did well for less than half the price.

Happens to all.

And don't be surprised with plenty of cancellations coming up with so many covid cases and potential exposures.

Return to “Flair Airlines”