AIR PARTNERS CORP??

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

AIR PARTNERS CORP??

Post by Dronepiper »

Hello!

Does anyone have any info about Air Partners Corp in Calgary? Pay, Schedule, moral, lifestyle, etc. Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post on here. Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: AIR PARTNERS CORP??

Post by co-joe »

Its a weird place. If you fit into their mould you may well really enjoy it there, but from the outside there's some pretty unusual ways of doing things.

I'ts a corporate flight department/ fractional ownership/ charter company like Airsprint, but you're hired to an aircraft owner, not necessarily to a fleet of aircraft. If the owner sells the aircraft you're out of a job, regardless of seniority. The schedule on the outside sounds brutal with days on, flex days???, and very few actual days off. At the interview I was super confused by how they presented the schedule, but it sounded to me like "a day off was a day you didn't get called to go flying" however they claim that very few flights are booked on less that a few days notice. There's a time of day that if they haven't called you by, you don't have to pick up the phone.

One year the boss got wind of a bunch of guys with wives at home while husbands were away flying having trouble keeping up with the snow, so he hired a snow removal company out of the blue to come clear every one's driveway and sidewalk. Did he do it the next year? Who knows? I actually got the feeling that not being married with a young family was a check against me in the interview, because they like to do things for the wives/ kids spur of the moment.

If you get a chance to interview there, go for it just to meet them. I've interviewed there twice, both times they were warm and welcoming, but then on the tour you stop in to meet Vic??? and he was totally aloof and kind of rude, wouldn't shake my hand or even make eye contact.

Not having worked there, that's all I can say. I know one guy there who loves it. I think it might depend on who owns the aircraft you are on.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”