Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

Post by pelmet »

---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

Post by DanWEC »

She choked.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

DanWEC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:47 pmShe choked.
Classy...

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

I don’t get it!
In context, her back was hurting, she went to lie down and “choked to death”
I took it as a figure of speech, she couldn’t breath is the literal definition of choking.
“choked, chok·ing.
to suffer from or as from strangling or suffocating”

Are you implying something different?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 pm
Classy...
I usually see a punch line everywhere I can, but this wasn't one of them. While sad, this is a bullshit article. She choked while recovering from Covid. She didn't die from it.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Right.

Sorry.

Didn't read the article...

Ridiculous sensationalism in the title then.

What did she choke on?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Lots of 57 year old women choke to death suddenly. It's totally normal, and happens every day. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with a severe respiratory disease she had. Move along. Nothing to see here.

I think, to be honest, before ascribing this death to COVID, you'd have to do a statistical analysis and see if a significant number of people with this disease all exhibit symptoms consistent with "choking" - low blood oxygenation, difficulty breathing, that sort of thing. Definitely you'd have to see that those symptoms are much more frequent in people who have COVID than those who don't. Unless you can establish that link then this could be just a one-off coincidence.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

DanWEC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:44 pmI usually see a punch line everywhere I can, but this wasn't one of them.
So... She Czech'ed out?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

AirFrame wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 am
DanWEC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:44 pmI usually see a punch line everywhere I can, but this wasn't one of them.
So... She Czech'ed out?
That was brutal, irredeemable, insensitive... and made me f'in crack up out loud. Thanks for that.
Just like Jim Norton and Jimmy Carr say, jokes about a dark subject can be funny, the subject doesn't have to be.

Cheers!

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

DanWEC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:44 pm
altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 pm
Classy...
I usually see a punch line everywhere I can, but this wasn't one of them. While sad, this is a bullshit article. She choked while recovering from Covid. She didn't die from it.
Maybe you should read the story again, it’s from the family point of view, they are telling you it was Covid. People don’t just spontaneously choke, combust maybe.
If it wasn’t Covid, you’d think they would mention that because her back was sore, she took a snack and went to bed, where she choked on a rib bone.

“On Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.
"In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".

Anyhow, maybe there will be a follow up.
I have a friend who is double vaccinated and caught Covid, she said the first three days, in addition to feeling like she wished she was dead, she felt like if she didn’t concentrate on breathing she would just stop. Just a cold, right? Nothing to worry about!

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

The circumstances and description, if accurate, would suggest that it's an utterly freak accident. It doesn't follow any established pathology. People who end up writing their final Czech generally spend days, if not weeks, suffering through irreversible respiratory immune shock or, in extremely rare cases, suffocating in a long, drawn out purolent sputum episode. Definitely not walking around hours prior.

It is possible that she would have been recovering just fine but choked on a sputum mass, which would be the only recorded event of its kind of that I can find due to a cov infection and again, a tragic freak event.

Anyhow the lack of facts in this make it dubious at best. It's just speculating either way, which is a little crass. She sounded like a respected musician and sad either way.

Regardless, seems like just the typical one-off, cherry-picking drivel that we see inscrutibly posted in these hilarious days of division, to promote an agenda rather than reporting a story of any relevance.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

cdnavater wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:04 pmMaybe you should read the story again, it’s from the family point of view, they are telling you it was Covid.
Because the family can detect Covid, right? More likely: She choked to death after eating a snack and lying down. She gets to hospital, where blood tests are done and she tests positive for carrying the Covid virus. She may have been asymptomatic, or had only caught it recently enough that it hadn't completed its incubation period. So she more likely died *with* Covid in her system, but not *from* Covid.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

Can we please reduce the "COVID" posts on this site to those ones relevant to the aviation industry? Moderators, where are you?

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

You do realize that this sub-section is titled Covid? FYI, You don’t actually have to read every thread on the forum.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:32 am Can we please reduce the "COVID" posts on this site to those ones relevant to the aviation industry? Moderators, where are you?
Moderators have probably been told to let any post stand because more posts equals more ads shown equals more revenue for the site. It's the only reason there's a COVID forum at all. I bet ad revenue is up 50% since that sub-forum was opened. At least, for people who aren't smart enough to figure out how to use an ad blocker...

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

AirFrame wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:54 am
RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:32 am Can we please reduce the "COVID" posts on this site to those ones relevant to the aviation industry? Moderators, where are you?
Moderators have probably been told to let any post stand because more posts equals more ads shown equals more revenue for the site. It's the only reason there's a COVID forum at all. I bet ad revenue is up 50% since that sub-forum was opened. At least, for people who aren't smart enough to figure out how to use an ad blocker...
Yeah. Of course; agreed. That makes perfect sense. I have no problem having this sub-forum, but it should be relevant to the industry. There is enough BS flying around without conspiracy theories and sensational opinions ... (No pun intended)

Return to “Covid”