COVID is ALL BUT OVER.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: COVID is ALL BUT OVER.

Post by rookiepilot »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:22 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:19 am LONG AC at 20 bucks. Putting down on what I write.
22.15. + 10%.

See you above 26…
If anyone followed me, I'm overall very careful right now on the broader market. Lotta inflation risks, across the board. I am hedged.

To clarify, still in AC a bunch....looking forward to a relax of restrictions....only energy stock is TOU -- mainly Natural Gas.

As I've said, I don't see a long term future for oil stocks. Doesn't mean one can't trade them.

Good luck
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by rookiepilot on Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:46 pm Done. Finished. History.

You heard it here first…..give it 12 months.

Evidence growing the new variant is not only much milder, but will soon take over primary transmission.

Onward to bigger issues.
I’ve got a bad feeling about this. People who got Covid previously are not immune to Omicron. So they get sick again even though they had Covid before. Omicron partially bypasses the vaccine(although the current vaccine likely ensures you don’t require hospitalization for the current variants - so is hugely important).

More variants on the way. At some point a hugely contagious new variant that bypasses the latest vaccine and is particularly nasty enters society. Spreads far and wide way faster than an updated vaccine can be made.

Hope I’m wrong. Unfortunately, that is usually not the case.

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

pelmet wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:12 am

Evidence growing the new variant is not only much milder, but will soon take over primary transmission.

Onward to bigger issues.
I’ve got a bad feeling about this. People who got Covid previously are not immune to Omicron. So they get sick again even though they had Covid before. Omicron partially bypasses the vaccine(although the current vaccine likely ensures you don’t require hospitalization for the current variants - so is hugely important).

More variants on the way. At some point a hugely contagious new variant that bypasses the latest vaccine and is particularly nasty enters society. Spreads far and wide way faster than an updated vaccine can be made.

They are better off. Each time immune system sees virus protein( vax or infection) it builds layers of immunity. Quoting a doctor.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Onward to bigger issues.

I have a bad feeling about the economy, not just markets, as stimulus is rapidly withdrawn to control inflation.

And I've decided you're right. BBB is dead, probably until after midterms.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:39 pm

Onward to bigger issues.

I have a bad feeling about the economy, not just markets, as stimulus is rapidly withdrawn to control inflation.

And I've decided you're right. BBB is dead, probably until after midterms.
We shall see, there could be some sort of deal. One never knows. I think the Dems are getting worried about the mid-terms and want to pass anything they can while they can. The window is closing and they haven't done much.

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:18 pm
PitchLink wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:26 pm

Onward to bigger issues.
Thanks doctor lol
Trader.

Do you....do you mean "traitor"?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Chaxterium wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 pm
PitchLink wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:26 pm

Thanks doctor lol
Trader.

Excuse me little troll?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:19 pm

Trader.

Excuse me little troll?
Come on, accept your minor mistake with dignity.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

imjustlurking wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Excuse me little troll?
Sorry. You’ve lost me.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:30 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Excuse me little troll?
Sorry. You’ve lost me.
A trader is a merchant or one who engages in trade, whereas a traitor is one who betrays another, or commits an act of treason. Their pronunciations are distinct, but can often sound similar when spoken aloud.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-a ... ling-usage

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

Trader.

Excuse me little troll?
I wasn't trolling you. I was pointing out an error you made. The word you are looking for is "traitor". Not "trader".

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Chaxterium wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:11 pm

Excuse me little troll?
I wasn't trolling you. I was pointing out an error you made. The word you are looking for is "traitor". Not "trader".
Ok. Think misunderstanding. I was referring to myself, as a trader in that post.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

palebird wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:40 am Wow. What a load of hogwash. The official line "you are not going to get as sick if you are vaxxed" . Hate to say it but you will probably not wind up sick but dead from the vax. Oh I can hear the screeching already from all the covid Karens. You know who Dr Robert Malone is?? Watch a podcast or two with him. But beyond all of that. The CEO of America One, a large US life insurance provider, has come out and stated that deaths in the 18-64 year old range have jumped 40% from pre-covid times. Now isn't that interesting? Because in "reality" numbers do not lie. Politicians do. But not real numbers. And these are not Covid deaths. So where do you think these are coming from?? Think real hard.This is very disturbing and this is where all of the ranting and raving should be directed. You have all been had.
Not going to piss away an hour of my life on a nothing burger, but a comment on the source material says:

Claims for disability and death have increased significantly in areas in low vaccinated areas, and many insurance companies are increasing premiums accordingly. It isn't fake news or some other bias, it's their business to know and remain competitive.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:42 pm
pelmet wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:20 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:47 am

22, now. Profoundly mispriced. 26 is a chip shot.

Energy, too, across the board.

Any of you who make money, I won't say no to some J class passes.
Enbridge, Suncor, Pembina, Imperial Oil. Had 'em for a while. All bought or added to this year. Mostly for dividends to pay instalments but the capital gain is nice. If the price goes down, the dividends keep rolling in.

BCE too.
Imperial Oil? POS company. Enbridge, OK. Suncor fine for heavy oil. Don’t know Pembina.

I have others.
Not sure why you don't like Imperial. The shares I have actually came from my grandfather, bought long ago(I purchased the other ones in substantive amounts). The Imperial is not a huge amount but will probably buy a little taildragger with them as something he left for me.....if the price goes up enough.

"Another top energy stock that has shot up over 20% to start the year
Imperial Oil (TSX:IMO)(NYSE:IMO) is another energy stock investors should target as oil prices are on fire. Shares of this energy stock have increased 21% over the last month. The stock has soared 94% in the year-over-year period.

This company is also set to unveil its fourth-quarter and full-year 2021 earnings on February 1, 2022. Imperial Oil unveiled its Q3 2021 earnings all the way back in October. Net income was reported at $1.66 billion in the year-to-date period in 2021 — up from a net loss of $711 million for the first nine months of 2020. It achieved its highest quarterly production in over three decades, powered by an impressive performance at its Kearl operation.

Shares of this energy stock last had a P/E ratio of 67. That still puts Imperial Oil in favourable value territory in comparison to its industry peers. It currently offers a quarterly dividend of $0.27 per share. That represents a modest 2% yield. Both energy stocks are well worth holding, as the oil and gas sector is scorching hot to kick off 2022."

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Latest numbers for North America indicates increasing death rates up to two thousand a day and lose to eight hundred thousand new infections per day . Still not over yet . Deaths have yet to peak and crest . Then maybe we will see massive increase in consumer demands and the knock on effect that usually has on price index and stocks . How ever if the population continues to decline at the present rates the only pressures on markets will be corrective pressures .

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

2R wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 am Latest numbers for North America indicates increasing death rates up to two thousand a day and lose to eight hundred thousand new infections per day . Still not over yet . Deaths have yet to peak and crest . Then maybe we will see massive increase in consumer demands and the knock on effect that usually has on price index and stocks . How ever if the population continues to decline at the present rates the only pressures on markets will be corrective pressures .
WE all know these are bullshit numbers.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

How do you collect COVID-19 data?

Reuters collates and checks coronavirus infection and death counts from countries and territories around the world each day. We also review that data for irregularities and correct it whenever better data becomes available.

Where does the data come from?

The figures largely come from official country, state, county and territory government and public health department websites. We also occasionally get information from news conferences, press releases and verified tweets and social media posts by government officials. In cases where the national count lags behind state figures, we may use those local figures to arrive at the total. In other cases, we may defer to global health agencies such as the World Health Organisation or the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control for missing historical data when the primary source does not make historical data available.

What’s included?

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... n-america/

Total infections and deaths for each country include both confirmed and probable infections and deaths where that data is available. If probable infections and deaths are not reported by a country, we only use confirmed infections and deaths.

Is this data a complete count of every COVID-19 infection and death in all countries?

No. The counts are based on the best available information accessible to Reuters at any given time. Countries may miss infections and deaths for any number of reasons, such as delays in processing testing data, lag in reporting, lack of testing, etc. Some countries may exclude certain categories of infections and deaths that others include (for example, probable infections) or have different criteria as to what may be counted as a COVID-19 infection or death.

Why does the data change sometimes?

Some countries change the way they’re reporting to include or exclude a certain category of infections or deaths, which can lead to a significant increase or decrease in their total and what they reported previously.

Are these counts the latest?

While most countries report new numbers daily, others may only update on weekdays or even less frequently. We use a rolling average of the infections and deaths reported over the last 7 days to even out some of that irregular reporting and get us closer to a daily figure.

Why do you use “percent of peak” to describe a country’s outbreak?

The percent of peak number featured throughout this project represents where a country is in comparison to the highest point of its own outbreak.

As a simple example, if a country was reporting about 100 COVID-19 infections each day, but is now only reporting 25 on average, that country is reporting 25% of its peak number of daily infections. That tells us that the country has come a long way from the height of its outbreak, but still has a way to go to fully contain the virus’ spread.

You can use the percent of peak to compare countries because that figure is relative to the scale of each country’s outbreak, but there are some important caveats.

Say there are two countries of equal population size, both likely initially to suffer similar outbreaks. Let’s say one of those countries acted much more aggressively to contain its outbreak early on and therefore had a much smaller initial peak. Even though this country may be reporting fewer COVID-19 infections now than the more lax country, the proactive country’s percent of peak may be higher because its initial peak (the denominator) was smaller.

It works the other way, too. Let’s say a lax country responds strongly after its initial peak and halves the number of infections it now reports. That may represent a much larger change than a 50% decrease in the more proactive country from its smaller peak and, in absolute terms, means far fewer people are currently affected by the virus in the initially lax country. It’s all down to the denominator, how big that initial peak was.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... n-america/

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

JerryRig wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am WE all know these are bullshit numbers.
The master of bullshit calling bullshit.

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

Aviatard wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 pm
JerryRig wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am WE all know these are bullshit numbers.
The master of bullshit calling bullshit.
It’s time pull your nose out of your empennage. The narrative is falling apart and YOU are looking like an idiot.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

In other news the well nourished female entertainer has cancelled her Las Vegas shows due to her crew getting COVID ,
So it ain’t OVER till the fat lady sings :)

Return to “Covid”