Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: ALPA 1934-1940's Membership Requirements

Post by pelmet »

imjustlurking wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:57 am
pelmet wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:03 am
hithere wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:47 pm Trolls,trolls, everywhere. While you might get the impression from the vocal minority here that WJ/Encore/AC are unimpressed with Alpa, that is not the case. Believe it or not, what you read on avcanada is not representative of the truth. Crazy right! I think you will see WJ/Encore stay long term with Alpa; whether ACPA eventually goes ALPA is anyone’s guess
Thats not what I have heard. I have heard that relations have been poisoned and Swoop was the result.
Even with Swoop, from what I've heard on the line, the vast majority of pilots are happy with ALPA. There are people who are upset because of layoffs and bump downs, but it's really not a great time to judge the union as it was impossible to prevent layoffs and concessions. What they did do was ensure that everyone who was laid off was on CEWS until August 2021. Air Canada pilots did not get that.
The AC pilots definitely seem to be upset with their union.
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

pelmet wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:06 pm
pelmet wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:03 am

Thats not what I have heard. I have heard that relations have been poisoned and Swoop was the result.
Even with Swoop, from what I've heard on the line, the vast majority of pilots are happy with ALPA. There are people who are upset because of layoffs and bump downs, but it's really not a great time to judge the union as it was impossible to prevent layoffs and concessions. What they did do was ensure that everyone who was laid off was on CEWS until August 2021. Air Canada pilots did not get that.
Imagine how much stronger ALPA would be in Canada if Air Canada pilots ditched ACPA and joined ALPA.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:18 pm
pelmet wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:06 pm

Imagine how much stronger ALPA would be in Canada if Air Canada pilots ditched ACPA and joined ALPA.
That is true. Greater membership numbers equals more power. I am not sure if the old CALPA was a branch of ALPA or totally separate.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”