Background Check Time

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Galirom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Background Check Time

Post by Galirom »

Hello! Curious if anyone else has gone through a background check recently and experienced long wait times. It's been a few weeks and I don't have a record, possibly just staffing delays from covid?
---------- ADS -----------

stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Background Check Time

Post by stabilizedapproach »

They generally don't tell you it's done. All outsourced anyway

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nekton »

Many moons ago I worked airside at YYC and my first red pass required a background check that took a couple of months. I had (and have) no record or other issues that would have raised flags, it just took that long. If the Nav Canada check is at all similar I wouldn't be surprised for it to take that long or longer given the state of the world today and the pace of business. Also, if you don't pass the check for some reason I suspect you would hear about it pretty quickly after Nav Canada is informed, so in this case no news is probably good news.

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

Galirom wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:41 pm Hello! Curious if anyone else has gone through a background check recently and experienced long wait times. It's been a few weeks and I don't have a record, possibly just staffing delays from covid?
Nav uses a company called MINTZ, they don't state specific times especially since it depends on how fast you send in your information, how quickly they manage to get ahold of all your references, and what the results are.

I just completed the screening and they pulled my offer because I had a criminal record from 8 years ago (made a really dumb mistake and now will pay for it) Was pretty gut wrenching especially since I've held a couple of security clearances since then and currently work for the Government. Good luck with your process.

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”