Side hustles?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Side hustles?

Post by flyingcanuck »

Just wanted to start a discussion if anyone has a side hustle here, I've seen creative ones like online craft stores, realtors, that sort of thing.
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Side hustles?

Post by DanWEC »

While it started out as a covid pivot, I have a design, construction, and renovation company. I also flip houses. Hopefully I can wind it down to just a side hustle once I'm back to flying full time. Luckily it pays for the extra beer a battered body needs to take in!

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

When I was a medevac pilot, during the 2 weeks off I had every month, I used to help my dad with his mechanical engineering drawings. It was pretty fun to help out, make a bit of extra money and keep busy from time to time. It wasn't a constant thing though. Right now, I barely have enough time for my family and my hobbies. My time off... I treasure it.

Last edited by RoAF-Mig21 on Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Nope.

Time off is far too precious for me, and idle time at work is usually just dabbling in the markets or working on some small projects.

Unfortunately all of these little Empire Builders are ruining it for the rest of us in their vain struggle to get ahead. Every day it’s “what do you do for a side hustle” or (even worse) “this is my side hustle”.

I foresee my child’s generation having four incomes per household is the norm as the pace of the rat race quickens.

That’s why I was really hoping for a rate hike today. But Tiff has no balls.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

‘Bob’ wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 pm or (even worse) “this is my side hustle”.
<cough>Bede<cough>

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Col. Panic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Col. Panic »

Airline pilot is my side hustle from my primary job as a prostitute. There is a lot of overlap, it turns out.

SlowtoRoll
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SlowtoRoll »

Flying is my side hustle.
I would do it as a hobby anyways but since I get paid for the few days a month I work, it's technically a side hustle.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

‘Bob’ wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 pm Nope.

Time off is far too precious for me, and idle time at work is usually just dabbling in the markets or working on some small projects.

Unfortunately all of these little Empire Builders are ruining it for the rest of us in their vain struggle to get ahead. Every day it’s “what do you do for a side hustle” or (even worse) “this is my side hustle”.

I foresee my child’s generation having four incomes per household is the norm as the pace of the rat race quickens.

Hey 'Bob'. I get the gist of what your saying, but it sounds like you're pissing on ambition.
You know any firefighters? If you do you'll know that almost every one has a side gig during the remaining 5 days a week off from the typical 2x24hr schedule.

Tell them how shitty they are please. It's not our fault as a population that things have gotten so impossible here. I have no idea where 40% of my income goes before I see it.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Col. Panic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:03 pm Airline pilot is my side hustle from my primary job as a prostitute. There is a lot of overlap, it turns out.
Didn't you used to be in the biz of selling greasy fried chicken?

Col. Panic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Col. Panic »

goldeneagle wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:36 pm
Col. Panic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:03 pm Airline pilot is my side hustle from my primary job as a prostitute. There is a lot of overlap, it turns out.
Didn't you used to be in the biz of selling greasy fried chicken?
I believe you may have me confused with someone else.
I have sold many things, including body and soul, but fried
chicken is not one of them.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Time off is far too precious for me, and idle time at work is usually just dabbling in the markets
Thanks for your donation. Appreciate it.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

My side hustle/furlough job is software development consulting. I have a degree in computer engineering and 5 years full time experience in it prior to becoming a pilot so I can pull good rates.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

In an increasingly expensive country to live in, those that want to get ahead work harder for it. Cant afford a house as an FO (or capt for a while) in Toronto :rolleyes: I dont see anything wrong with working more to get ahead. Now doing it all your life seems like a waste of time, but to set yourself up later on makes alot of sense.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

flyingcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:56 am ...In an increasingly expensive country to live in...
That's very politely put. I'd call it "Absurd", "Insane", "Incomprehensible", "Outrageous", "Pathetic" . It used to be that Toronto and Vancouver were not affordable. Now it's most of the country... especially anything larger than a small town.

Col. Panic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Col. Panic »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:26 am My side hustle/furlough job is software development consulting. I have a degree in computer engineering and 5 years full time experience in it prior to becoming a pilot so I can pull good rates.
Catching Pokémon wasn’t lucrative enough for you?

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:44 am
flyingcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:56 am ...In an increasingly expensive country to live in...
That's very politely put. I'd call it "Absurd", "Insane", "Incomprehensible", "Outrageous", "Pathetic" . It used to be that Toronto and Vancouver were not affordable. Now it's most of the country... especially anything larger than a small town.
I was trying to not be depressing... :P

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

You're very diplomatic flyingcanuck. :)

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

[Removed]

Last edited by imjustlurking on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:53 pm
DanWEC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:07 pm

Hey 'Bob'. I get the gist of what your saying, but it sounds like you're pissing on ambition.
You know any firefighters? If you do you'll know that almost every one has a side gig during the remaining 5 days a week off from the typical 2x24hr schedule.

Tell them how shitty they are please. It's not our fault as a population that things have gotten so impossible here. I have no idea where 40% of my income goes before I see it.
Alright snowflake, thank you for your contribution.
Huh?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Last edited by imjustlurking on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Comments”