AME M after E?

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

justanavionicstech
Rank 0
Rank 0

AME M after E?

Post by justanavionicstech »

Hey folks. I am currently an avionics technician with my AME 'E'. I graduated from Fanshawe's Aviation Technology - Aircraft Maintenance and Avionics program, in which I had the option to pursue an E or an M, I chose E. However, I have started to want to get my M. Is this possible? To get my M after I already have my E? Thanks to anyone who replies.
---------- ADS -----------

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: AME M after E?

Post by Pacqing »

Didn't your instructors explain all the scenarios as to getting which category Guess not. Call the school and ask.

YYCAME
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by YYCAME »

You can use an online training program like ICS to meet the training requirements and prepare for the technical exams. The biggest obstacle is just getting the logbook filled out for all the M category tasks so look for an avionics job where you can help out with other work to meet those requirements unless you want to be paid apprentice wages for twice as long. You just need to choose between M1 and M2 logbook entries depending on what you would like to work on in the future.

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/licens ... me-licence

drone_driver24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by drone_driver24 »

We've had several avionics guys get their 'M' license. A lot more overtime available at the time.

Return to “Maintenance”