Bumbling and Stumbling

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Ahector
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bumbling and Stumbling

Post by Ahector »

WJ 421 departing today. Aircraft was pulled out of the hanger and arrived at the gate at 8:20 for a 9 am departure. Ok. It looked like a 20 minute delay. All boarded then at 9:20 we learned that food service had not been loaded. 30 minute wait and then no food was loaded. Ok. Then we were told the ground crew had not arrived for the push back. 30 minute wait. Then OMG- baggage had not been loaded! Then we of course needed a fuel top up. It’s now 11:15 and we still haven’t pushed back but the food has arrived. I get that we have labour shortages and everything is kind of disorganized but- who forgot to load the luggage? Is there a reason why WJ can’t be more transparent and forthright in their communications with their passengers? There was no indication that today wasn’t going to be anything but a normal departure. It has been far from it and we are still gate bound as I write this post.
---------- ADS -----------

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Bumbling and Stumbling

Post by PeterParker »

Welcome to AvCanada. This will be Westjet's cross to bear for a few years to come since they contracted large parts of their labour force out to a contract company at the start of the pandemic in order to "get leaner" and "save money".

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

#NewNormal

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Ground service was a big issue up until early 2022. Don't get me wrong, it still needs improvement, but it's no longer an issue with every single flight.

With that said, I can't say that with certainty for the stations out west, but for Canada East it holds mostly true.

Hopefully as COVID gets smaller in our rear view mirror, the issues we saw in the early recovery will also become smaller. I know that some people on AvCanada get annoyed by my naive optimism, but it's one of my characteristics that helped me get through COVID.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

imjustlurking wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:39 pm Ground service was a big issue up until early 2022. Don't get me wrong, it still needs improvement, but it's no longer an issue with every single flight.

With that said, I can't say that with certainty for the stations out west, but for Canada East it holds mostly true.

Hopefully as COVID gets smaller in our rear view mirror, the issues we saw in the early recovery will also become smaller. I know that some people on AvCanada get annoyed by my naive optimism, but it's one of my characteristics that helped me get through COVID.
Eh, seems like every Jazz flight I work on at YYZ is late. Few nights ago we had 2 crews for our operation, who both conveniently went on break leaving us sitting on our hands.

Return to “WestJet”