Today was a sad day for me

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Hi-Lighter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Today was a sad day for me

Post by Hi-Lighter »

So – I got cancelled in the Covid Truckers Convoy forum for a week and was told by “North Shore”to think about it.

So I did.

Realized that after 50 years of fixin’, drivin’ fuellin’, towin’ teachin’ and administratin’ that it was time to retire.

Never would I have thought that the act of retiring would be such a very sad thing – but it true that the industry that I once loved has turned into a vipers nest.

Today I cut up my AME License and my CDL – (Commercial Drivers License) and will be writing our wonderful Transport Minister that his support for the crushing of the Truckers Convoy was evil and contemptuous, and that I have revoked my privileges of both a M1/M2 rated AME license, as well as my CDL.

I would like to thank the hundreds of decent hard working people in our industry for the opportunity to interact and work with you all. You are a wonderful group that have afforded me many opportunities to get to know you - both as a co-worker and as my friend. I will miss all of you.

As to the majority – (but not all) - Bosses, Organization Owners, Middle Management Tyrants, Transport Canada Tin Pot Dictators, et al - you have only my everlasting scorn for your treatment of the ones that “Make it Happen”. - Because God knows you guys don’t.

Today the industry loses one of its’ “Wise Guys” – no more will I be a mentor to newbies, or lend my expertise to an organization needing some guidance, – and 50 years of knowledge and working wisdom is now gone for good.

So this is my final sign off.

Stay well and stay safe my friends.

Attention: Joe – I understand – Your forum – Your rules – so please remove my account from your site.
---------- ADS -----------

- There Are No Pit Stops at Altitude - !!

Return to “Maintenance”