Mandatory Vaccine for corporate jets

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

aviatore
Rank 0
Rank 0

Mandatory Vaccine for corporate jets

Post by aviatore »

I was wondering what your interpretation is on the effects coming into place at the end of October are for the corporate industry.

From the Govt website :

"Effective October 30, air passengers departing from Canadian airports, travellers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains, and travellers on non-essential passenger vessels on voyages of 24 hours or more, such as cruise ships, will need to be vaccinated.

Effective October 30, travellers will need to be fully vaccinated in order to board. Specifically, the vaccination requirement will apply to all travellers 12 years of age and older who are:

Air passengers flying on domestic, transborder or international flights departing from airports in Canada
Rail passengers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains
Marine passengers on non-essential passenger vessels, such as cruise ships, on voyages of 24 hours or more

Does this apply to privately operated aircraft? The first sentence makes me question it. Thanks guys and as always stay healthy.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-cana ... llers.html
---------- ADS -----------

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Mandatory Vaccine for corporate jets

Post by Invertago »

I don't think this applies, but if it does I don't see this getting enforced at all on the corporate side unless the operator or client chooses too.

*disclaimer I am pro-vax, this is just my interpretation.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

A private jet is essentially a private car or limousine so no it won’t and can’t be enforced. The issue would be for the pilots operating who may (depending on the operator) be required to travel on the airlines to position.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Last I saw from CBAA yesterday is they are trying to get clarification on it, but think about positioning and travel for simulator; it would be pretty tough to go unvaccinated in aviation at this point.

aviatore
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aviatore »

Thanks for the insight guys. I was mostly curious to know for the pax onboard what the outcome will be. Seems unclear but would guess it doesn't apply.

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:22 am L it would be pretty tough to go unvaccinated in aviation at this point.
Amen!

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Invertago wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:15 pm I don't think this applies, but if it does I don't see this getting enforced at all on the corporate side unless the operator or client chooses too.

*disclaimer I am pro-vax, this is just my interpretation.
It depends on what department we’re talking. True corporate is there for everyone to do what they want lol

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

With corporate jets flying to different countries wether private or commercial, you better be double vaxed.

No one in our department is not fully vaccinated.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Jet Jockey wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:50 am With corporate jets flying to different countries wether private or commercial, you better be double vaxed.

No one in our department is not fully vaccinated.
This. Love the double negative.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:00 am This. Love the double negative.
Please excuse my French!

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Jet Jockey wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:44 am
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:00 am This. Love the double negative.
Please excuse my French!
And here I thought we were speaking German.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:46 pm
And here I thought we were speaking German.

Nicht sprechen die Deutsch.

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Chartering a citation for 3 people or chartering a Boeing for 120 people would seem to be the same thing as regards to a commercial flight. For private companies on their own aircraft it could possibly be a different rule.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

molecular test is required before boarding wj and even if you are fully vaccinated present letter quoting the regs chapter n verse the exemption from the requirement .on wj or ac // cost of test is 200-250 usd so if you traveling and on then returning from sim . be prepared to be denied if no molecular test might be better for the company jet to pick you up on the return or start your duties northbound .

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

oldncold wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 pm molecular test is required before boarding wj and even if you are fully vaccinated present letter quoting the regs chapter n verse the exemption from the requirement .on wj or ac // cost of test is 200-250 usd so if you traveling and on then returning from sim . be prepared to be denied if no molecular test might be better for the company jet to pick you up on the return or start your duties northbound .
Is that still in force?

ASPilotsUnited
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ASPilotsUnited »

While perhaps optional at individual flight departments, Air Sprint has a mandatory policy for all operational staff (including pilots) to be vaccinated. A few chose not to be at the cut off date and are no longer employed by the company.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

They should be proud 🙄

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

ASPilotsUnited wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:48 am While perhaps optional at individual flight departments, Air Sprint has a mandatory policy for all operational staff (including pilots) to be vaccinated. A few chose not to be at the cut off date and are no longer employed by the company.
I think this trend is going to be more and more normal. Wether it be the flight departments or customers conditions vaccines are almost always now required to work in Canada.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

PitchLink wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:34 pm
ASPilotsUnited wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:48 am While perhaps optional at individual flight departments, Air Sprint has a mandatory policy for all operational staff (including pilots) to be vaccinated. A few chose not to be at the cut off date and are no longer employed by the company.
I think this trend is going to be more and more normal. Wether it be the flight departments or customers conditions vaccines are almost always now required to work in Canada.
Not all, but many. We will see what happens this fall after the 456th variant and wave lock us down again, sparing the fact we may be entrenched in WW3 by that point

Return to “Corporate”