Pilot Interview

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Gregor
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pilot Interview

Post by Gregor »

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone who has gone through the process could offer any insight or suggestions to help prepare for the interview? If so, PM please.

Thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Pilot Interview

Post by co-joe »

My understanding is that the simulator evaluations previously done have been dropped and Flair is now doing some sort of cognitive testing. I have no idea if it's the MMPI thing or something else. Then there is a panel interview with a couple senior Captains (3 I think). Most of them are high time, older overseas experienced pilots. I think a Skype interview is still available if you are not in country but things are changing fairly rapidly so I don't know for sure. If you are being interviewed, then they want to hire you, the job is yours to lose, I've heard the success rate in the interview is quite high.

atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

And if you’re one of their buddies you’re in, so don’t sweat it.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

co-joe wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:01 pm My understanding is that the simulator evaluations previously done have been dropped and Flair is now doing some sort of cognitive testing. I have no idea if it's the MMPI thing or something else. Then there is a panel interview with a couple senior Captains (3 I think). Most of them are high time, older overseas experienced pilots. I think a Skype interview is still available if you are not in country but things are changing fairly rapidly so I don't know for sure. If you are being interviewed, then they want to hire you, the job is yours to lose, I've heard the success rate in the interview is quite high.
We have only ever conducted one simulator evaluation in the past, it's not part of the interview process currently.

The interview consists of a Hogan personality test, a Compass pilot aptitude test, and a pilot-led panel interview with a variety of questions from HR to basic technical categories.

We're currently interviewing for hiring in 2022 at a rate of 32 pilots a month. The success rate in interviews has been generally high due to the high level of experienced pilots we've been fortunate enough to have available. Who you know may get you an interview as we value internal recommends but once you get to the interview it makes no difference.

Somethingnerdy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Somethingnerdy »

Any update on your interview?

FatPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FatPilot »

Flightcraft used to be known for hiring pilots nobody else would. They didn't want to train them only to have them leave. I'm sure Flair is the same.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

That doesn't seem to be the case right now. If anything, the people they are currently hiring have the best chance at going back somewhere else (overseas to make the big bucks, Air Canada, Sunwing etc).
Several have already left and likely more will do so over the next 6-12 months. I would venture to say that the company learned the hard way from a few people that they hired early on as some left a lot faster and with less notice than was expected.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

FatPilot wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:05 am Flightcraft used to be known for hiring pilots nobody else would. They didn't want to train them only to have them leave. I'm sure Flair is the same.

You'd be wrong.

Max121
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Max121 »

Does anyone know what COMPASS test look like, if it difficult and is there a place we can practice ?

hst
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hst »

Return to “Flair Airlines”