CYYJ requiring vaccines for hangar tenants

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

CYYJ requiring vaccines for hangar tenants

Post by AirFrame »

The latest from the YYJ Airport Authority, as of Tuesday:

"The vaccination policy includes a mandatory vaccination requirement for all YYJ airport tenants and service providers."

I asked if they intended this to apply to the private, non-commercial, GA hangar owners and tenants on the North side of the airport, and the answer was:

"Our expectation is that our policy would apply to general aviation tenants as well."

I'm looking forward to seeing how they try to police this...
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
VAA COVID-19 Vaccination Policy Memo_Mar 1, 2022.pdf
(303.58 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
28 covid-19 vaccination policy_FEB2022.pdf
(264.17 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: CYYJ requiring vaccines for hangar tenants

Post by digits_ »

Looks like they will go after your RAIC:
Face covering (Mask). Included individuals are required to wear masks when in common use areas on
Airport Property. BC Public Health and Public Health Agency of Canada have issued directives which
make wearing a mask in all indoor public spaces mandatory. VAA will randomly verify compliance with
this requirement. Persons not wearing a face covering (mask) when working in common use areas will
be subject to incremental violation notices which may result in a punctual RAIC suspension.
It's for mask violations, but it seems logical they would use the same punishment for vaccine violations?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Pandemic sure has brought out the power hungry loser bureaucrats.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

BC and Bonnie Rotten are one of the last provinces with vaccine passports and masks. I wouldn’t think it will be around much longer but masks at airports will likely because they fall under federal law. I’m hearing a lot of rumblings that Ontario is ditching the masks after March break (finally)!

Let’s Go Brandon
Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

Can we all just go back to Minding our own effing business?!

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

My first thought was “look at this post that was resurrected from when Covid was a thing”

Nope, I was wrong this is fresh off the press. The Covid religious ideologues live on. I just refuse to mask and show vaccine passports. Anyone business who asks for those things I just take my business elsewhere. Remember they created these policies to follow the science, and they said the politicians were the science. Now that the science changes, and the politicians change policy, what the hell kind of science are they following?

Time to just pull your money away from these idiots, let them practice their religion peacefully with the people who think alike.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:52 amTime to just pull your money away from these idiots, let them practice their religion peacefully with the people who think alike.
There are a lot of people who would happily move away from YYJ to another airport. Unfortunately, there isn't one, unless you want to drive to Nanaimo from Victoria every time you want to fly.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:52 am My first thought was “look at this post that was resurrected from when Covid was a thing”

Nope, I was wrong this is fresh off the press.
Some files have dates on there from 2021, so it looks like it is an updated policy, not a completely new one.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:52 am I just refuse to mask and show vaccine passports.
Thank you for your service, Braveheart.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

digits_ wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:03 amSome files have dates on there from 2021, so it looks like it is an updated policy, not a completely new one.
That's correct. They issued this last year, and when queried about the GA hangars on the north side they skirted around the answers through half a dozen attempts at getting them to commit to something in writing. They were asked about applicability to private owners, how they were going to enforce it, etc. and never gave a straight answer. To be honest, the simple clear response they gave this time was surprising, but appreciated. There's no ambiguity now.

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

YQG implemented a similar "tenant/relevant person" vaccination policy back in late October 2021. It was being pushed through from the Federal government and TC. Basically mentioned that anyone coming on to airport property would need to be fully vaccinated. There was water cooler talk that the policy was in the works late spring/early summer of 2021.

Return to “Covid”