https://youtu.be/PlIRzyW-azM

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by ALPApolicy on Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Westjet/Swoop Merger Committee

Post by imjustlurking »

ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:32 am In the communication from the WJA/WSW MEC this morning, there was a request for volunteers to serve on various committees. I exercised the link to volunteer to serve on the Merger Committee. If you are a WJA/WSW bargaining unit member, please contact your LEC and/or MEC representatives to support my nomination. I will represent the interests of the membership of my bargaining unit and no other interests. I firmly believe that a negotiated agreement with the SWG Merger Committee will be the best result going forward. ALPA recommends that lawyers be kept out of the process. Also, a merged seniority list is not subject to membership ratification, according to ALPA rules and I believe, is the accepted way, generally speaking, in seniority list merger negotiations.

Let me be your voice fighting for you in the weeks and months to come. Our interests, the interests of this bargaining unit, are best served by a final merged seniority list result that is fair and gives neither side windfall gains and respects the principles of the Code and will be impervious to successful legal challenge. We will need closure on this chapter. We need a result that ensures SunWing, Swoop, and Westjet pilots will work together in the same bargaining unit and in the spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood as we march into the future together with our colleagues at Encore and our partner employers.

Captain John Swallow
pilotjohnjohn@gmail.com
7zero5 eight90eight90six
Date of Hire (WJA) January 6, 2013.
The merger process will definitely be muddier than others because WG is not a part of ALPA.

I personally would like to see the merger used to negotiate equal WaWCon between WO and WS, and pulling WR into the same bargaining unit as WO/WS. I know that it's a long shot and possibly unpopular, but it would improve quality of life for most of us.

citizenbanana
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by citizenbanana »

ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:32 am In the communication from the WJA/WSW MEC this morning, there was a request for volunteers to serve on various committees. I exercised the link to volunteer to serve on the Merger Committee. If you are a WJA/WSW bargaining unit member, please contact your LEC and/or MEC representatives to support my nomination. I will represent the interests of the membership of my bargaining unit and no other interests. I firmly believe that a negotiated agreement with the SWG Merger Committee will be the best result going forward. ALPA recommends that lawyers be kept out of the process. Also, a merged seniority list is not subject to membership ratification, according to ALPA rules and I believe, is the accepted way, generally speaking, in seniority list merger negotiations.

Let me be your voice fighting for you in the weeks and months to come. Our interests, the interests of this bargaining unit, are best served by a final merged seniority list result that is fair and gives neither side windfall gains and respects the principles of the Code and will be impervious to successful legal challenge. We will need closure on this chapter. We need a result that ensures SunWing, Swoop, and Westjet pilots will work together in the same bargaining unit and in the spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood as we march into the future together with our colleagues at Encore and our partner employers.

Captain John Swallow
pilotjohnjohn@gmail.com
7zero5 eight90eight90six
Date of Hire (WJA) January 6, 2013.
Thanks for volunteering. I think you'd be a great asset to the committee and hope you get on.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Last edited by ALPApolicy on Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ads-b
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ads-b »

No. I believe the list went 3-1 for top quarter ish, then 2-1 for next quarter ish then date of hire for last half ish. There was also fences between aircraft. I think it was 3 years?

My memory could be fading, but there was different ratios for sure.

Return to “WestJet”