Training at Insignia

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

aviator123456789
Rank 0
Rank 0

Training at Insignia

Post by aviator123456789 »

Hi all,
I am an aspiring student who wishes to do my flight training (CPL) from insignia college located at boundary bay airport, Vancouver, British Colombia.
I wish to know all the details about the college, the quality of training, instructors and further more of what all of you all know about the school.

Thanks In advance.
---------- ADS -----------

MikeCharlieMike
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Training at Insignia

Post by MikeCharlieMike »

I would not do that, there have been accidents and engine failures in this school last year.

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Dronepiper »

Duplicate

Last edited by Dronepiper on Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Dronepiper »

MikeCharlieMike wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:41 pm I would not do that, there have been accidents and engine failures in this school last year.
Huh? Can you post the cadors? I think you have them mixed up with another school. These guys are actually pretty good.

MikeCharlieMike
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dronepiper wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:05 pm
MikeCharlieMike wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:41 pm I would not do that, there have been accidents and engine failures in this school last year.
Huh? Can you post the cadors? I think you have them mixed up with another school. These guys are actually pretty good.
https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ ... d2021P2305

MikeCharlieMike
Rank 0
Rank 0

https://tinyurl.com/yys2bc33

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

MikeCharlieMike wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:54 pm
That's a student that screwed up. Might be related to bad instruction, but I'd say you could encounter this at almost any school in the country.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
MikeCharlieMike
Rank 0
Rank 0

digits_ wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:56 pm
MikeCharlieMike wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:54 pm

That's a student that screwed up. Might be related to bad instruction, but I'd say you could encounter this at almost any school in the country.
Are you saying we could encounter 1.student screwup or/ and 2.bad instruction in almost any flight school? Are you saying any flight school who haven’t had one is going to have an accident soon?

I don’t think aircraft accidents should be seen as a normal inevitable result of flying, all measurements in place are there to prevent further occurrence.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

MikeCharlieMike wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:15 am
digits_ wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:56 pm
Are you saying we could encounter 1.student screwup or/ and 2.bad instruction in almost any flight school? Are you saying any flight school who haven’t had one is going to have an accident soon?

I don’t think aircraft accidents should be seen as a normal inevitable result of flying, all measurements in place are there to prevent further occurrence.
A student that screws up does not necessarily equate to bad instruction. Some students do weird things, intentionally or not, when flying solo.

Every flight school I have dealt with (as a student or instructor) has had a student damage an airplane in the past 10 years. It shouldn't happen, but it does. That in itself is not enough to bad mouth a flying school.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “Flight Training”