What shirt are you wearing?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

What shirt are you wearing?

Post by Admiral Benson »

For those of you that can't or just won't wear a cheap standard issue company shirt, what would you recommend as an alternative?

I used to purchase from a cut above uniforms and was very happy with their quality. Lately however, they seem to be getting a little too expensive especially with the only Canadian shipping option being an additional $50 USD.

Hoping someone has a high quality and preferably Canadian alternative.

Thanks,

AB
---------- ADS -----------

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: What shirt are you wearing?

Post by Turboprops »

You can get a cut above shirts from avworld, i think it’s $40 a shirt plus domestic shipping

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Brooks Brothers are pretty nice.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I'm fine with the el cheapo shirts they provide, but a few guys at work use www.pilotshirts.com The look a lot thicker, and have that pocket behind the breast pockets I believe. There's an option for the reinforced patch behind the wings so they don't sag so much.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

I've always wondered why people spend their own wages to buy a shirt or pair of pants to make a company that could care less about you look good.

If the company wants to provide flood pants and crap uniform thats their choice, so why spend your own cash for it?

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

Many at my work wear Lululemon commission pants and company provided everything else. The comfort difference is so noticable it's a no brainer. I believe some wear Moores or Costco pants too.

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Admiral Benson »

flyinhigh wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:47 am I've always wondered why people spend their own wages to buy a shirt or pair of pants to make a company that could care less about you look good.

If the company wants to provide flood pants and crap uniform thats their choice, so why spend your own cash for it?
Same reason why Nurses buy Figs instead of wearing hospital provided scrubs. If you have to wear it for 12+ hours you might as well be comfortable.

Also a few items of self purchased work wear isn't going to blow out my personal finances and I like to be comfortable.

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

ZBBYLW wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:55 am Many at my work wear Lululemon commission pants and company provided everything else. The comfort difference is so noticable it's a no brainer. I believe some wear Moores or Costco pants too.
Don't you work for Air Canada? Are we really allowed to wear our own pants? That's a game changer.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Admiral Benson wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:34 pm
flyinhigh wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:47 am I've always wondered why people spend their own wages to buy a shirt or pair of pants to make a company that could care less about you look good.

Same reason why Nurses buy Figs instead of wearing hospital provided scrubs. If you have to wear it for 12+ hours you might as well be comfortable.

Also a few items of self purchased work wear isn't going to blow out my personal finances and I like to be comfortable.
My wife has never been provided scrubs in her 20 year career thus far and FIGS, them things break the bank. She saw the price and said screw that crap. haha

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

ZBBYLW wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:55 am Many at my work wear Lululemon commission pants and company provided everything else. The comfort difference is so noticable it's a no brainer. I believe some wear Moores or Costco pants too.
I went to Lululemon yesterday and looked at these Commission pants and they don't really pass as AC uniform pants. They have a big horizontal seam across the back of the legs and the material isn't very similar. Does anyone have any other specific suggestions?

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

FL030 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:54 am
I went to Lululemon yesterday and looked at these Commission pants and they don't really pass as AC uniform pants. They have a big horizontal seam across the back of the legs and the material isn't very similar. Does anyone have any other specific suggestions?
They did change them a few years ago adding that stitching, I have some of the older ones with no stitching. That being said I've seen a few guys wearing the new style.

Edit to add: looks like they are back, check these out.
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-pants/ ... color=0001

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

ZBBYLW wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:28 am
Edit to add: looks like they are back, check these out.
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-pants/ ... color=0001
Those have that seam on the back of the legs. I want to be comfortable but I don't want some manager to pull me aside and ask why I'm not in uniform. Would they do something like that?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”