It's beginning...

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

It's beginning...

Post by Launchpad1 »

---------- ADS -----------

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: It's beginning...

Post by twa22 »

Sure, it's beginning... yet I see the same job ads being reposted, while I know quite a few pilots between 500 to 1000 hours who aren't getting any calls...

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

There will never be a shortage of pilots. Just a shortage of experience, and a shortage of pay.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Nobody loses 20 pilots in 3 months unless they really really suck to work for. More like they laid everyone off 2 years ago and just started recalling them only to realise that a third of their workforce found other jobs.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

co-joe wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:05 pm Nobody loses 20 pilots in 3 months unless they really really suck to work for.
Any other year, sure. More likely they had a bunch ready to move on up (because face it, how many pilots go to a company like Pascan planning to retire from there?) two years ago and they’ve only been getting more experienced and more anxious to go in the interim.

That and I bet “nearly a third” is probably some overstatement for drama.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

I'd say they are looking to build a case and justification for the use of TFW all in order to maintain an "essential" service to the remote communities for which they provide this life line in the interest of humanity, caring and concern. :wink:

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

In the case of Pascan, a lot of laid off pilots were hired during the pandemy and went back to their job once they got recalled.
I know a few of them.

vanislepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vanislepilot »

Classic, company loses pilots and whines to the media and blames the majors. Pretty much do everything except look in the mirror and maybe say how can we improve our conditions and actually retain pilots.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

According to the statement, AC WestJet, Transat and Sunwing have all been hiring since the beginning of 2022? Damn, I must have been under a rock!

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

DanWEC wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:34 pm According to the statement, AC WestJet, Transat and Sunwing have all been hiring since the beginning of 2022? Damn, I must have been under a rock!
From what I gather, Pascan hired a bunch of their former employees who were laid off from other airlines. I personally know 7 guys who were laid off from larger carriers and went back to Pascan and have been recalled in the last 6 months.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Yeah for sure it was recalls, guy just sounds like he's overselling it a bit. Never fun to have headaches in your business though.

Revan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Revan »

But then, why posting an FO offer on SAAB340 if they are recalling former crews, do they know what they are doing ? Nowadays, is this fact, having 1000 hours+ TT EXPERIENCE doesn't help, is it overrated ? I see 250 ish ramp pilots jumps on the right seat without any experience (702 or FI), meanwhile others waiting for 3 years as FI. What don’t I understand ?

Return to “Employment Forum”