Headsets

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

gyrotoppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Headsets

Post by gyrotoppler »

Just curious as an outsider... What do Jazz guy's and gal's wear in terms of headsets? Lots of A20 style or do most use the ship headset? I would imagine the Q is a lot louder than the front of an RJ, are A20's overkill on either?

GT
---------- ADS -----------

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Headsets

Post by KenoraPilot »

Jazz provides each pilot with their own personal company issues headset. You have a choice of the David Clark One-X or the Bose A20.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:06 pm Jazz provides each pilot with their own personal company issues headset. You have a choice of the David Clark One-X or the Bose A20.
Unless you’re a few years older, I’m still rocking the Sennheisers. Asked my base admin a couple years ago if could steal a new pair when they came in and got laughed at.

Are new hires actually getting the option of which headset they want now??

T.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Transition9er2 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:50 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:06 pm Jazz provides each pilot with their own personal company issues headset. You have a choice of the David Clark One-X or the Bose A20.
Unless you’re a few years older, I’m still rocking the Sennheisers. Asked my base admin a couple years ago if could steal a new pair when they came in and got laughed at.

T.
I'm way down the list and I got the option between the Senheiser and the Bose.

Don't know what I'll get yet

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Transition9er2 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:50 pm

T.
Talking to your base admin again might be a good idea. There have been a LOT of new Bose headsets issued lately in all bases.

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

What are the one-x like? I don’t know anyone who has em but I’m interested

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

scdriver wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:09 pm
What are the one-x like? I don’t know anyone who has em but I’m interested
They are less bulky and lighter on the ears than the Bose, but do not cover the ear (if that's something important to you). Noise cancelling is on par with Bose (IMHO) and have blutooth as well. Just like any ANR headset, they eat batteries pretty quick as well.

I believe that no new DCs have been ordered at Jazz so you would only be able to get a returned set.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I believe you are thinking of the pro-x. The one-x covers the ears are roughly as quiet as a 10-13 when the anr is off and i described the navajo once as “it sounds like my neighbor is mowing the lawn and i’m in my basement with the window closed.” I’ve had to take a cup off to sync the props in the past.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”