How much is this dysfunction costing us?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

eurotrash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: How much is this dysfunction costing us?

Post by eurotrash »

Fanblade wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:45 am At least in YVR the membership has started voting in elected members who want to rebuild the profession rather than continue to aid its decline. The LEC council was a sweep of new people. So yes YVR has been slow but they are waking up. Lots of new blood on the base as well.

I doubt either of them will survive the next election cycle.

We may even see a recall attempt if things get bad enough. Very high bar to meet though.

What puzzles me is why the YUL LEC enjoys so much support from their members in light of all the WAWCON declines over the last decade.
Things aren't bad enough?

Haven't we given enough away & had enough dysfunction?

Could there be worst leadership than what we have for Chairs in YVR, YUL & YWG??
---------- ADS -----------

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

eurotrash wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:02 pm
Fanblade wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:45 am At least in YVR the membership has started voting in elected members who want to rebuild the profession rather than continue to aid its decline. The LEC council was a sweep of new people. So yes YVR has been slow but they are waking up. Lots of new blood on the base as well.

We may even see a recall attempt if things get bad enough. Very high bar to meet though.

What puzzles me is why the YUL LEC enjoys so much support from their members in light of all the WAWCON declines over the last decade.

Could there be worst leadership than what we have for Chairs in YVR, YUL & YWG??
You and I don’t get to set the benchmark for when it’s bad enough. I agree with you that it is long past bad enough. But you need about 70% of the base to agree. We aren’t there. So clearly it isn’t bad enough.

It’s an interesting thought though. If this isn’t bad enough. What would it take?

Recall is next to impossible when everything is run in secrecy.

And like I said the YUL LEC seems to have strong base support. Why? I can’t explain it.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Fanblade wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:16 pm
eurotrash wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:02 pm

You and I don’t get to set the benchmark for when it’s bad enough. I agree with you that it is long past bad enough. But you need about 70% of the base to agree. We aren’t there. So clearly it isn’t bad enough.

It’s an interesting thought though. If this isn’t bad enough. What would it take?

Recall is next to impossible when everything is run in secrecy.

And like I said the YUL LEC seems to have strong base support. Why? I can’t explain it.
I can...YUL Chair is buddies with management and people are scared to be targeted by management for speaking out

It is incredibly incestuous but it is effective

No one wants to run against the company backed guy out of fear of reprisal. Most pilots just want to fly the plane, head home, and tune out.

Not have a target on their back.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

That makes more sense than thinking they are happy with the representation.

It is also eerily similar to YVR.

Winnikegger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Winnikegger »

Fanblade wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:21 pm That makes more sense than thinking they are happy with the representation.

It is also eerily similar to YVR.
Blake has made a career out of it

Not a bad deal to be on full displacement with 777C pay and paid commutes & hotels

Return to “Air Canada”