Travel starting to come back?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Travel starting to come back?

Post by tbaylx »

whipline wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:32 pm Not much to see here. Sunwing is selling packages until there’s enough demand to fire up their own planes. This was the plan from the beginning. I can guarantee the full AC flights weren’t full of WG pax. And thank you to AC for flying peeps down to our hotels. Get some revenue going.

WG is still taking deliveries of Max’s. 2 in August. The airline isn’t going anywhere. I’m happy we’re not flying empty planes around burning cash.

And no Thunder Bay mustang 5.0 LX we’re not going to be flairs saving grace. Your welcome for the farm workers we gave up in the spring. Won’t be happening again in the fall.
I have many close friends at SWG I don't want the airline to go anywhere. We don't have the aircraft availability to do any charter work right now, though it was good to get a few charters in the spring, it was never a saving grace. Our focus is domestic sched service, not charter or vacation work. That's a crowded space and not something we're pursuing. Hope you guys are back up in the air shortly.
---------- ADS -----------

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

Arnie Pye wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:23 pm
gtappl wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:07 pm
You can't flip the 14%. If you're not working for 3 weeks roughly they consider you the same as retired.
Are you sure that is correct? Isn't the waiting period for EI at least 2 weeks to begin with?
Yeah it's very shady. Look up discouraged workers

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

gtappl wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pmYeah it's very shady. Look up discouraged workers
I did. All I found was a photo of myself.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

WG is still taking deliveries of Max’s. 2 in August.
I don't know what your talking about. We haven't taken delivery of any Max aircraft....nobody has.

The last one we got was AXD, and that was delivered the day before the grounding. XE and XF are still at Boeing waiting for delivery after they are re-certified.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 am
whipline wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:32 pm Not much to see here. Sunwing is selling packages until there’s enough demand to fire up their own planes. This was the plan from the beginning. I can guarantee the full AC flights weren’t full of WG pax. And thank you to AC for flying peeps down to our hotels. Get some revenue going.

WG is still taking deliveries of Max’s. 2 in August. The airline isn’t going anywhere. I’m happy we’re not flying empty planes around burning cash.

And no Thunder Bay mustang 5.0 LX we’re not going to be flairs saving grace. Your welcome for the farm workers we gave up in the spring. Won’t be happening again in the fall.
I have many close friends at SWG I don't want the airline to go anywhere. We don't have the aircraft availability to do any charter work right now, though it was good to get a few charters in the spring, it was never a saving grace. Our focus is domestic sched service, not charter or vacation work. That's a crowded space and not something we're pursuing. Hope you guys are back up in the air shortly.

How is flair doing right now? I know from our end Swoop is full, WJ mainline isn't, can't speak about encore. Its going to be a loooong road to recovery. This is the first time in my career we're all in the same glass house, the same very real possibility of CCAA or worse - 911 was nothing compared to this.
I'm preparing for a non aviation plan B, but hope it doesn't come to that.
Good luck to all.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

KAG wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:48 am

I know from our end Swoop is full, WJ mainline isn't, can't speak about encore.
Interesting. Is WJ management working it out that way so that they can get Swoop to take over from the mainline.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

How is flair doing right now? I know from our end Swoop is full, WJ mainline isn't, can't speak about encore. Its going to be a loooong road to recovery. This is the first time in my career we're all in the same glass house, the same very real possibility of CCAA or worse - 911 was nothing compared to this.
I'm preparing for a non aviation plan B, but hope it doesn't come to that.
Good luck to all.
I agree, CCAA filings in Canada are inevitable without the borders opening up.

Our loads are pretty good and we're starting to see a cautious return of domestic passengers, mostly a younger demographic. Much like Swoop I'd imagine. But neither airline is going to make money running less than 10 airplanes around, regardless of loads. The fixed costs eat up any yield until its spread over 15+ aircraft. The international market has completely dried up so Westjet and Air Canada are going to have a long winter ahead. SWG and Transat are going to be hit and miss depending on how many people are tired of being locked up and want to go to a beach. Again it'll likely be the younger demographic that first sticks their heads out of the hole and begins traveling again, not the higher yielding business passengers

I don't think we're going to see a significant recovery until next year. It's pretty grim worldwide with many more bankruptcies to come i fear.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

pelmet wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:30 am

I know from our end Swoop is full, WJ mainline isn't, can't speak about encore.
Interesting. Is WJ management working it out that way so that they can get Swoop to take over from the mainline.
No its because Swoop caters to the younger price-sensitive crowd domestic crowd and hops across the country instead of going direct in order to increase loads by combining flights. That market is where passengers will first return and why loads are higher on Swoop.

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

The vaccine was never designed to work.

The vaccine was designed to appear to work, it's rollout coinciding with the end of the winter flu season, only to be proven ineffective by the beginning of the next winter. We're only a few weeks away from mandatory boosters.

Think of all the money pfizer investors are making right now.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Fake vaccines. Fake plandemic. Fake masks. All a ploy to undermine our way of life by the CCP. People are swallowing it hook line and sinker. They’ll be able to march in in a few years unopposed.

Let’s Go Brandon
Conflicting Traffic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Conflicting Traffic »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:46 pm Fake vaccines. Fake plandemic. Fake masks. All a ploy to undermine our way of life by the CCP. People are swallowing it hook line and sinker. They’ll be able to march in in a few years unopposed.
Here you go.

Attachments
tinfoil.jpg
tinfoil.jpg (45.33 KiB) Viewed 6109 times
----------------------------------------
Conflicting Traffic please advise.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Hey I see your point but all the conspiracy theories from the past years have become reality. I’m hoping I’m wrong too!

Let’s Go Brandon
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 pm Hey I see your point but all the conspiracy theories from the past years have become reality. I’m hoping I’m wrong too!
A few years ago if you told me there is a pedo island where the rich, politicians, and royalty go to diddle little kids I would have called you crazy.

WinnithePuh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WinnithePuh »

There is no life without travel, in my opinion! Therefore, of course, travel very quickly returned to our lives. But it should be noted that due to the need to comply with quarantine requirements and the rise in fuel prices, travel costs have increased. It became quite a serious test for me, as I often visited different countries. I solved the problem thanks to VRBO Discounts, where I found great discounts on flights, hotels, and excursions. It is very convenient and important at present.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”