Changezilla

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Changezilla

Post by RRJetPilot »

As a wise leader in yvr says often:

“You cant bring a knife to a gun fight”
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

RRJetPilot wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:47 am As a wise leader in yvr says often:

“You cant bring a knife to a gun fight”
And how's that motto working for us... we're armed with pea shooters for reps.

https://youtu.be/xr1wCS3SJ9w

"Wise leader in YVR" and his sidekick are about to get recalled with an apparatus that has permitted them to get entrenched so deeply it's basically impossible to be recalled... except I hear that he's worried enough that he's been calling his friends up The Mountain wondering where he can fit in with a work from home position once he finds himself on the curb.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

BTD wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:00 am I’m not sure who is sarcastic here. Maybe both. Or neither. Yikes :?
Lol,

My read is Lance Rose is sarcastically playing Clark767, the guy who created his user profile today. I noted Lance was playing opposite day early on in the thread.

Maybe Clark is one of the committee chairs that lost his position? Or maybe just another new poster just playing along.

But yes. I'm not completely sure how much was tongue and cheek. But we absolutely have people in ACPA positions that think just like that. Exactly like that.

If that was an ACPA roast? I'd give it a 10 out if 10. Funny and bang on.

Bravo!

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

Fanblade wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:42 am
BTD wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:00 am I’m not sure who is sarcastic here. Maybe both. Or neither. Yikes :?
Lol,

My read is Lance Rose is sarcastically playing Clark767, the guy who created his user profile today. I noted Lance was playing opposite day early on in the thread.

Maybe Clark is one of the committee chairs that lost his position? Or maybe just another new poster just playing along.

Bravo!
I think Clarke is a troll for the original Clark who can’t let go of the ‘greatness’ of ACPA from 20 years.

Last edited by RVR6000 on Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Oh no. There’s a real Clarke. He’s on the old private AC forum saying exactly those things. It’s incredible the lack of self awareness. He literally read a letter from the MEC and just “experienced it differently”. Glad there are people willing to set him straight on that forum. What a disgrace.

Now is the poster on here the same person or just a someone sarcastically faking fun of him. who knows.

Clark767
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Clark767 »

If you guys think ALPA is so great, you need to read it's constitution

ACPA's is far superior and these "change" people need to answer to what management is going to do when their acpa friends are gone.

It's not going to be good. They are going to try and pay us less.

Clark

elonmusk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by elonmusk »

Clark767 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:56 pm If you guys think ALPA is so great, you need to read it's constitution

ACPA's is far superior and these "change" people need to answer to what management is going to do when their acpa friends are gone.

Clark
Hey Clark. Got tired of everyone ignoring you on the private forum so you decided to take your ramblings to AvCanada?

Just so everyone knows, Clarks daddy was a founder of ACPA back in the day. Back when ACPA was a decent union. The ACPA of these days is a far cry.

Clark and the former MEC Chair have crawled out of their lairs today with bold accusations and ramblings. Must mean the new folks in the MEC are doing something right.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

elonmusk wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:11 pm
Clark767 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:56 pm If you guys think ALPA is so great, you need to read it's constitution

Clark
Hey Clark. Got tired of everyone ignoring you on the private forum so you decided to take your ramblings to AvCanada?

Just so everyone knows, Clarks daddy was a founder of ACPA back in the day. Back when ACPA was a decent union. The ACPA of these days is a far cry.

Clark and the former MEC Chair have crawled out of their lairs today with bold accusations and ramblings. Must mean the new folks in the MEC are doing something right.
Thank you for shining the flashlight on the cockroaches in the kitchen

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

Those that know how unions work, please enlighten me.

It appears that the root cause of our late block release is the low daily min guarantees, blocking 16 days with pairings optimized for 4:25 daily min. We use to have high daily mins when DBMs were high, but this was lost during CCAA.

Now in the past 3-4 years we’ve had Best Fit negotiated, 10% off Cargo negotiated, Rouge MOA and the re-opener. Why didn’t the union not negotiate higher daily min guarantees during this time.

The guy in charge of the PBS at the union is the same person who was the mastermind of Best Fit. Would’ve been nice to get something concrete in return for the lets.

elonmusk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by elonmusk »

RVR6000 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:02 pm Those that know how unions work, please enlighten me.

It appears that the root cause of our late block release is the low daily min guarantees, blocking 16 days with pairings optimized for 4:25 daily min. We use to have high daily mins when DBMs were high, but this was lost during CCAA.

Now in the past 3-4 years we’ve had Best Fit negotiated, 10% off Cargo negotiated, Rouge MOA and the re-opener. Why didn’t the union not negotiate higher daily min guarantees during this time.

The guy in charge of the PBS at the union is the same person who was the mastermind of Best Fit. Would’ve been nice to get something concrete in return for the lets.
Yes a big part of our issues is the 16 day cap, lack of productive flying and limits on open time. There are many things that can be done to improve the productivity, the catch is somehow getting AC to understand the benefits. I know for myself, and others I know if we were regularly blocked at 13-14 days or less we'd be more likely to pick up a day or two of draft. Currently being blocked to the maximum with no sign of things getting better, I cherish my days off. These unproductive domestic pairings are a joke, they're less productive than the pairings on the RJ at Jazz. This company thinks throwing money for extra flying is a raise, and that pilots are happy with that. Or say, the GDO flying for reserve pilots. I would have rather kept the old version of reserve, and see where the new rules ended up falling after a year. Instead we gave away the only good thing about our reserve system, in exchange for so called "permutations" for days off requests with no real way to actually bid them, and DBM-2 but not for flat pay pilots, they can get fucked apparently.

I see the PBS Chair is currently on a draft today, and there's still blocks that have not been released.

Clark767
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Clark767 »

elonmusk wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:15 pm
RVR6000 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:02 pm Those that know how unions work, please enlighten me.

Yes a big part of our issues is the 16 day cap, lack of productive flying and limits on open time. There are many things that can be done to improve the productivity, the catch is somehow getting AC to understand the benefits. I know for myself, and others I know if we were regularly blocked at 13-14 days or less we'd be more likely to pick up a day or two of draft. Currently being blocked to the maximum with no sign of things getting better, I cherish my days off. These unproductive domestic pairings are a joke, they're less productive than the pairings on the RJ at Jazz. This company thinks throwing money for extra flying is a raise, and that pilots are happy with that. Or say, the GDO flying for reserve pilots. I would have rather kept the old version of reserve, and see where the new rules ended up falling after a year. Instead we gave away the only good thing about our reserve system, in exchange for so called "permutations" for days off requests with no real way to actually bid them, and DBM-2 but not for flat pay pilots, they can get fucked apparently.

I see the PBS Chair is currently on a draft today, and there's still blocks that have not been released.
Nothing will improve at AC unless:

A) US let's Canadian pilots fly there, which will never happen. Alpa will stop it from happening and if we join them, they will literally be using our money against us. All alpa cares about is the US

2) you have the right to strike which won't happen either

These "change" people need to recognize they got their dream jobs and enjoy their shiny uniforms.

Clark

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

The USA already allows Australians to fly for US airlines . That was negotiated by the US immigration department. Immigration policy has nothing to do with Alpa. Whether you join ALPA will not influence border restrictions in any way.

Curiousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Curiousflyer »

Clark767 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:22 pm
A) US let's Canadian pilots fly there, which will never happen. Alpa will stop it from happening and if we join them, they will literally be using our money against us. All alpa cares about is the US

2) you have the right to strike which won't happen either

These "change" people need to recognize they got their dream jobs and enjoy their shiny uniforms.

Clark
This is such asinine thinking, it's no wonder the old guard has been so dysfunctional over the last 10 years.

AC competes with US airlines for passengers through 6th freedom. It was the primary growth strategy from 2015-present with the focus on YYZ connecting traffic. If AC can compete with 150 million US passengers, it can compete with pilot wages as well.

ALPA provides an opportunity for pattern bargaining and improved safety. How successful was the safer skies initiative? How nice would it be to improve lifestyle by patterning with WestJet? Blocks, vacation, days off, trip trade are all significantly better at WestJet. Joining forces would allow a much better bargaining framework as we'd all have much more information to bargain with.

ALPA also comes with opportunity for outside the box thinking, such as removing RAIC restrictions and introducing something similar to known crewmember, an ALPA driven initiative.

Clark767
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Clark767 »

Acpa puts AC pilots first and all its dues stay north of the border.

AC pilots don't want increased dues. They want value in having a highly experienced and properly compensated CEO which alpa doesn't have

Plus, acpa has a great history with management that would be lost if there was a card drive for alpa.

Management likes their fully displaced base reps and let's not rock the boat. YUL & YVR Chairs have done a great job expanding their bases and capturing flying

Clark

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Lol,

I think someone is faking a Clark in sarcastic humour.

It just comes across as too much. Even for Clark

Funny tho

ReturnoftheMike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ReturnoftheMike »

I can't believe the sense of entitlement, but Im not surprised.

While AC pilots sat at home @55hrs during Covid, reps worked tireless at 82 hrs of pay and they saved this airline.

ACPA saved jobs & careers.

Cargo deal saved jobs & careers

The captured pilots in Hong Kong captured flying

If the young bucks want to move us to ALPA, that's fine. Won't be any skin off my back, I'll be far away at my cottage with the base chairs who won't be far behind

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Funny how easy it is to do a Clark and Mike imitation. ACPA's a joke and anyone with two brain cells knows it. If ALPA came up and did membership seminars, it would be a landslide vote.

As I've said for years, ACPA is a Hutterite Colony where they have been sleeping with their sisters. Few decades down the road the inbreeding is painfully obvious.

Return to “Air Canada”