Looking for a place to do my CPL/Multi/IFR in British Columbia

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

sendymcsendyface
Rank 1
Rank 1

Looking for a place to do my CPL/Multi/IFR in British Columbia

Post by sendymcsendyface »

Thinking about doing my CPL/Multi/IFR next fall/winter, and looking for some opinions. I don't want to do a college program, just something self-paced, so I can crank it out as fast as I can. I live in Kamloops, but the only option here is CFC (of very questionable reputation). Thinking about Air Hart (Kelowna), which seems to have the advantage of good year-round weather, as well as being able to do a bunch of float time (Want to eventually get into bush flying/SEAT, then land-based waterbombers). Anyone here have any opinions on that school? I'd like to go to the lower mainland, as my GF has to be there for work, but not sure the availability of year-round good weather days. I'm also not also sure which flight schools are classed as "Training Institutes", which makes them eligible for student loans. I'm not interested in going through a college program, as I'm already part-way through a degree in resource management.
Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

PhilT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Looking for a place to do my CPL/Multi/IFR in British Columbia

Post by PhilT »

Come to Adventure Aviation in Grande Prairie. No, its not BC, but its close.

We have onsite housing that is free if you fly 40 hrs per month. Our full time students usually fly twice a day. Our fall weather is typically very good.

Email me is you have questions: philt@adventureaviation.ca

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

Don't forget Aurora Aviation Academy. You could do your basic training in Kamloops and your ME IFR in Vernon... Contact them as per info in the link... https://auroraaviationacademy.com/

Last edited by Schooner69A on Sun May 01, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WANP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WANP »

I know two people who have done training at Air Hart, both were happy with them. I don't personally have experience with them.

Whitney

Return to “Flight Training”