Cargojet ALPA Jumpseat

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

suddensneeze
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cargojet ALPA Jumpseat

Post by suddensneeze »

I was wondering what the procedure is to list on the jumpseat for Cargojet? There isn't any policy on the ALPA app.
---------- ADS -----------

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Cargojet ALPA Jumpseat

Post by Cavalier44 »

suddensneeze wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:07 pm I was wondering what the procedure is to list on the jumpseat for Cargojet? There isn't any policy on the ALPA app.
There is no policy, which is why you don't see it on the app. Cargojet does not allow non-company employees to utilize the jumpseat on their aircraft.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Cavalier44 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:49 am
suddensneeze wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:07 pm I was wondering what the procedure is to list on the jumpseat for Cargojet? There isn't any policy on the ALPA app.
There is no policy, which is why you don't see it on the app. Cargojet does not allow non-company employees to utilize the jumpseat on their aircraft.
They're afraid people will hear how shit things are there :smt040

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

newlygrounded wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:22 pm They're afraid people will hear how shit things are there :smt040
More likely because the insurance they carry doesn't include covering passengers, only company employees.

4blue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 4blue »

Cavalier44 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:49 am
They don’t allow employees either!

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

They don't want anyone waking up the pilots during the flight

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I dunno if any other companies allow CJ pilots to JS on their fleet, but I have been told that Flair does. So the ALPA good will is there if they ever decide to allow it to be reciprocated.

CXALE
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CXALE »

co-joe wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:18 pm I dunno if any other companies allow CJ pilots to JS on their fleet, but I have been told that Flair does. So the ALPA good will is there if they ever decide to allow it to be reciprocated.
They dont have one with WJ....nothing personal, but the program is named reciprocal jumpseat agreement.....so being reciprocal is kinda the point.

throwawaycp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by throwawaycp »

Stay away from this company if you are thinking about applying...theres no career here. company is only good for a TR, time building and gtfo. Q1 results came in and the amt of money made and how cheap they are towards employees is an insult. Every level of the company is in trouble and morale at an all-time low from AMEs, ground handlers, pilots, operations....

few of many reasons...
: poor working relationship between management and ALPA
: crew scheduling creating huge disruptions in pilot schedules and violating the CBA
: little boys club at top between high level management and certain pilots, one who is a check pilot with a history of reckless behaviour and another who is assist. chief pilot. both have violated the TC regulations willingly to do last minute charter flights and one crew scheduler was fired by the CEO because she wouldn't make the illegal look legal. there is plenty of favouritism going on here...
: treated like piss poor shit by management who still fail to recognize they need us and change working conditions that come at very little expense to a company who made what they did in Q1
: firing of 23 pilots because we ditched unifor for ALPA

think long and hard about coming to this place.

Last edited by throwawaycp on Mon May 02, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”