The beginning of the end of small private airstrips

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: The beginning of the end of small private airstrips

Post by imcool »

RickertsRed wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:25 pm Yeah I revived an old thread because I’m planning on my own strip and was curious if one was to follow every letter of the law what he would have to do... or at least know which ones he’s breaking :wink:
how did it go, any update for us?
---------- ADS -----------

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by imcool »

KissPlusOne wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:59 am This sounds like a few too many "Karen"s got upset that the house they moved into 3 years ago is in the direct path of someone who's lived in the same house for 20 years' approach path.

Seriously, though, if someone starts a petition, or has an example of a letter to write to their MP, let me know, please.

30NM of another aerodrome??? That is pretty much impossible to find in any southern part of the country. From B.C. to Nova Scotia, the places with a dense population have aerodromes scattered regularly throughout.

It's slightly absurd to think that mowing a strip beside your fence line should require MORE regulations than there already are.

Again, if someone with just a bit more free time than me starts a petition, or drafts a letter, please message me so I can either sign it, or adapt it for my local MP.
so 1nm to km on google is 1.852, which means, 30nm will be around 55.819KM, how come aerodromes are that close anywhere, for example, London and Toronto are approximately 200km, so if someone wants to own a private airstrip between the two locations, why cant he?
excuse if i miscalculate 30nm to 55.81KM, maybe its more than that?
thank you

Last edited by imcool on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldguystrtn2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oldguystrtn2fly »

I don’t think it means you can’t have a strip with thirty NM. The new rules just say you must consult....

DeanPoulter
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DeanPoulter »

Sorry but scanned this thread and couldn't find out what the outcome was. Couldn't even find the modified reg's. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks and cheers, Dean.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

CAR 307. There’s also a TC staff instruction on interpreting the regulations:

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/refere ... no-307-001

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
WANP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WANP »

They might never look into your private strip, even after you make them aware of its presence.

Whitney

Return to “General Comments”