Child Care during lockdown

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

WhatTheCovid
Rank 0
Rank 0

Child Care during lockdown

Post by WhatTheCovid »

Sorry this is not really aviation related but I am reaching out for help and the aviation community understands the aviation schedule best.

Doug Fords lockdown, I need some clarification before I start booking off my shifts. I used to have family watch my kids or sometimes a neighbor. I have school age kids staying home from school and also one pre school. As far as I understand My kids can't go to child care in Ontario until January 11 subject to change? So sending them with family outside my household would be against the rules? I cant really keep up with the changes but this is how I understand it. Anyone else know better or what are your plans to keep working? At this point it looks like I might be a stay at home parent beginning boxing day.

Really just looking to clarify what the rules are exactly that Ford has in place pertaining to child care in Ontario.

Merry Christmas!
---------- ADS -----------

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Child Care during lockdown

Post by I WAS Birddog »

oh wow...sounds like you have your hands full. My heart goes out to you in your covid induced struggles.

I'm sure you've searched it already; https://www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-ca ... re-centres will give you the latest and greatest changes and guidance. Like all government sites...it's a pain to search the info specific to your questions.

If all fails, You have the legal right to request LOA on compassionate grounds. Burning up your sick days is an option but I've seen too many ppl just burn them because they didn't feel like going in on a long weekend...then later something legit comes up and they have none. However your plight is legit. I suggest you engage your supervisor or HR (if you have one) for guidance. They are there to help navigate your life circumstances. Use them.

BOL

iWbd

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
sjatana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sjatana »

WhatTheCovid wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:43 am Sorry this is not really aviation related but I am reaching out for help and the aviation community understands the aviation schedule best.

Doug Fords lockdown, I need some clarification before I start booking off my shifts. I used to have family watch my kids or sometimes a neighbor. I have school age kids staying home from school and also one pre school. As far as I understand My kids can't go to child care in Ontario until January 11 subject to change? So sending them with family outside my household would be against the rules? I cant really keep up with the changes but this is how I understand it. Anyone else know better or what are your plans to keep working? At this point it looks like I might be a stay at home parent beginning boxing day.

Really just looking to clarify what the rules are exactly that Ford has in place pertaining to child care in Ontario.

Merry Christmas!
They are confusing indeed. School aged children who are not enrolled in a publicly funded school can go to childcare centers. I am not sure if this applies to new enrolments - you would have to find out. Children who are of school age and currently enrolled in a child care center can continue to attend during the lockdown period that applies to publicly funded schools in Ontario. The pre-schooler can attend a childcare center as well.

WinnithePuh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WinnithePuh »

It was very difficult to combine work and take care of children during the pandemic. Three years ago, I started looking for adoption agencies to become a foster mom. Shortly before the pandemic outbreak, I adopted a child and found myself in a difficult situation due to the inability to go to work. But everything turned out very well. Even though I had to quit after a couple of days, I found a remote job. And now, I can easily combine a stable income and raise my son without worrying that I will not be able to do something necessary.

Return to “General Comments”