high school student starting flight school

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

bamb1pz
Rank 0
Rank 0

high school student starting flight school

Post by bamb1pz »

Hello guys!
I am a high school student who is passionate about aviation. I wanted to see what your suggestions are for flight school. I want to be as prepared as I can be when starting flying. Thank youu
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: high school student starting flight school

Post by praveen4143 »

If you are in a city or town with multiple flight schools, make sure you go out and check out the location, talk to the business owners or staff and get a feel of the place. Also talk to students if you see some wandering around. Take a discovery flight at more than one location (again, if you have that option) and see which places feel more like your speed of things...

Lots of places now have reviews on FB and Google, so do check them out.

Lastly, see how well they keep their airplanes. Is it clean and smells fresh inside the cabin or filthy with sagging seats and trash strewn around... Can tell you a lot about how they run the show.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Same advise I gave the other guy, don't put large sums of money on account ever! Go take a discovery flight, meet the instructors, shop around and see what aeroplanes you like, and what other benefits the school has. Do they have a simulator, a twin, a tail dragger, a class 1 instructor, aerobatic instruction, etc. Whatever appeals to you.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Get a school that you can fly every day that the weather is good.

You can check out my website www.freepilotgroundschool.ca.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

That's a fantastic resource Bede!

Return to “Flight Training”