Highest Paid Corporate pilots in Canada?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mukargya3
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Highest Paid Corporate pilots in Canada?

Post by mukargya3 »

Flexjet is one of the best paying fractional operator if not the best... There are plenty of corporate pilots in the USA that don't even come close to those salaries.
---------- ADS -----------

mukargya3
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mukargya3 »

Flexjet is one of the best paying fractional operator if not the best... There are plenty of corporate pilots in the USA that don't even come close to those salaries.
hellodear.in

teatv.ltd

WANP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WANP »

It's not all about the money, but the love of flying for many.
If it was about the money, people would have their own business.

Whitney
Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

WANP wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:49 pm It's not all about the money, but the love of flying for many.
If it was about the money, people would have their own business.

No, absolutely no!

Yes I got into the flying business as a line boy at a local flying school when I was 14 years old and got the bug right away.

At 15 I was already taking my flying courses and had to wait until I was 16 to do my first solo and finish my private license.

Anyway as a professional pilot, I expect to get very well paid for what I do and although I still love going to fly the corporations business jets I don't want the "love factor" to come between me and a good pay check.

There is no other profession with highly skilled people I know of that get so underpaid and have to go through testing upon testing, some every 6 months in the simulator with a real risk of losing one’s job, then there are all these on-line courses you need to do every year and let us not forget the medical, again every 6 months for some.

No doctor, lawyer, police officer, or others have to go through this process year after year.

So yes I love flying but that's just a bonus when you are earning a living as a pilot.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Has any pilot ever been fired because they blew a recurrent? For something other than gross negligence or gross incompetence that would get you fired from any other job?

One day of catching up on medical journals would likely break the pilot who whines about recurrent CBT.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

McCains and Irving in New Brunswick pay very well upwards off $200K

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

WF9F wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:03 pm McCains and Irving in New Brunswick pay very well upwards off $200K
Sooooo…. $80k takehome??? :D

WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

‘Bob’ wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 pm
WF9F wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:03 pm McCains and Irving in New Brunswick pay very well upwards off $200K
Exactly Bob 🙂 Canada punishes successful people , we are overtaxed and it’s making people making good wages look outside the country for work.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

WF9F wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:36 pm
Exactly Bob 🙂 Canada punishes successful people , we are overtaxed and it’s making people making good wages look outside the country for work.
Or… you could work in a province that doesn’t tax you as much.

Be careful where you go. A quick look at a payroll calculator has you paying as much or even more tax in some US states. They also have other taxes.. like surprisingly high real estate and sales taxes in some parts.

Europe? :lol:

Anywhere else in the world you’re going to have to very carefully weight other things. Like getting shot in Brazil or having your money become (really) valueless in Argentina or crazy geopolitics and corruption and lifestyle elsewhere that would make you beg for the Canadian political party you hate the most in comparison.

One has to remember too that wages are based on supply and demand. It’s really easy to think you’re worth that 200k… but if taxes disappeared, wages would definitely be adjusted accordingly.

A place like the USA is enjoying higher wages for pilots because of the 1500 hour rule for airlines. They are drowning the puppies as fast as they come out of the mills. You ask pilots before that. It was like $29k a year to fly a CRJ or ERJ and guys like Sully after a lifetime of flying were taking furloughs and pay cuts. In Europe it’s limited by P2F. You can make good money, but you’d better be typed.

There’s no easier place than Canada to become a pilot. Thus, wages are low. You are enviously looking at the elite of other countries who belong to a club you very well might be excluded from if things were the same here.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

‘Bob’ wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:02 am

Or… you could work in a province that doesn’t tax you as much.

Be careful where you go. A quick look at a payroll calculator has you paying as much or even more tax in some US states. They also have other taxes.. like surprisingly high real estate and sales taxes in some parts.

Europe? :lol:

Anywhere else in the world you’re going to have to very carefully weight other things. Like getting shot in Brazil or having your money become (really) valueless in Argentina or crazy geopolitics and corruption and lifestyle elsewhere that would make you beg for the Canadian political party you hate the most in comparison.

One has to remember too that wages are based on supply and demand. It’s really easy to think you’re worth that 200k… but if taxes disappeared, wages would definitely be adjusted accordingly.

A place like the USA is enjoying higher wages for pilots because of the 1500 hour rule for airlines. They are drowning the puppies as fast as they come out of the mills. You ask pilots before that. It was like $29k a year to fly a CRJ or ERJ and guys like Sully after a lifetime of flying were taking furloughs and pay cuts. In Europe it’s limited by P2F. You can make good money, but you’d better be typed.

There’s no easier place than Canada to become a pilot. Thus, wages are low. You are enviously looking at the elite of other countries who belong to a club you very well might be excluded from if things were the same here.
Exactly!

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

+1!

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

‘Bob’ wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:02 am

Is it harder to get trained in the U.S? I would think not, more flight schools and typically better all around weather for training. I know they have that 1500 hour rule which changed the landscape of available airline aviators, that combined with a shortage and free market with many legacy carriers has really aided WAWCONs.

Return to “General Comments”