Canada/USA cell phone plan

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

sullecpt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Canada/USA cell phone plan

Post by sullecpt »

Hey everyone,

What are you using for a Canada-USA cell phone plan? I'm sure many of you have discounted plans or company phones through your employer, but does anyone else have good intel on a plan/provider?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Canada/USA cell phone plan

Post by newlygrounded »

sullecpt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:33 am Hey everyone,

What are you using for a Canada-USA cell phone plan? I'm sure many of you have discounted plans or company phones through your employer, but does anyone else have good intel on a plan/provider?

Thanks
how important is a CAN number? basically every US carrier has a plan that works in both countries and has NA wide calling

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

newlygrounded wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:24 am
sullecpt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:33 am Hey everyone,

Thanks
how important is a CAN number? basically every US carrier has a plan that works in both countries and has NA wide calling
This or Telus at 150ish a month. 10-12 bucks CAD per day Carribean.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Bell and Rogers have basically identical US/Can call and text plans for about $100/mo with 20gb of data.
I'm not sure how you would get a US carrier plan without a US address.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

thepoors wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 am Bell and Rogers have basically identical US/Can call and text plans for about $100/mo with 20gb of data.
You don't even need to leave the house. Download the t-mobile prepaid app and you can get an esim.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

newlygrounded wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:52 pm
thepoors wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 am Bell and Rogers have basically identical US/Can call and text plans for about $100/mo with 20gb of data.
You don't even need to leave the house. Download the t-mobile prepaid app and you can get an esim.
How much are their plans? Data included?

Mach .28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mach .28 »

I've been paying around $55/mth since 2013. Was Freedom Mobile to start (not great service but got better) when Shaw bought them out now you can get the same deal on Shaw Mobile which now includes Mexico. Otherwise do the esim thing and get a US number.

To be fair this is the price with Home internet plan bundled. $95 without home internet plan.

For the data user who travels
Unlimited + U.S. & Mexico
$55

25GB Fast LTE Data (Shaw network)⁶

2GB LTE Data (Nationwide network, or in the U.S. & Mexico)⁶

Unlimited Canada-wide, U.S. & Mexico Calling + Global Text⁷

jlfd26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jlfd26 »

if you are in Quebec or Ottawa region lookup for fizz (low cost for videotron)

I am with them and currently paying 41$/month Can US 1GB (43$ when I go for 4 GB) plus taxes and fees

Needswork2020
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Needswork2020 »

My wife and I have Seattle Numbers thru Tmobile 20 GB each, unlimited calling/text in US/Canada

$40 each. Thats it.

If you are using a Canadian carrier you are missing the boat.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Needswork2020 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:02 pm My wife and I have Seattle Numbers thru Tmobile 20 GB each, unlimited calling/text in US/Canada

$40 each. Thats it.

If you are using a Canadian carrier you are missing the boat.
That's a good deal. I've got AT&T for $40/mo. (prepaid) with 16GB. US/CAN/MEX calls unlimited. Unlimited text (nearly all countries from US/CAN/MEX). Good service all over MEX. Service good in Southern CAN (haven't ventured north with it).

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Back in November, Telus had a deal for unlimited Canada & US, with 20GB useable in either country, for $65/month. This was a corporate deal, which normally gives about a 20% discount, so it might have been available for about $80? Often you can get a better deal if you speak with an agent from retentions, but it’s good to know what they’ve offered other customers!

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I would have gone the US carrier route except that would alienate calls/texts from many Canadians who I talk to on a daily basis. Best I could come up with was Bell @ 100/month for unlimited North America wide everything w/30GB of data.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

$65 a month for 25GB/Unlimited CAN-US through Telus EPP (corporate discount). Rogers had a similar deal through corporate, but 20GB.

If you're an ALPA or I think Unifor member, you can get the Rogers corporate rate through unionsavings.ca, select Rogers Nomad Telecom.

Many other companies have direct corporate rates for Telus, Rogers, and Bell. The best deals are around Black Friday or Christmas.

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

Bell has a deal with ALPA here https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Exclusive- ... gistration.

Enter Air Line Pilots Association when it asks for company/association name.

$56 tax inc for 20gig at full speed then throttled lower but unlimited after that and unlimited Canada calling/texting. No US options though.

Return to “General Comments”