Inflation is coming...in a big way. Part 2.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Inflation is coming...in a big way. Part 2.

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:25 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:19 am
Get ready for car gas $2.50 +.......and an epic sale on piston twins and the like. Gonna get fun.......
Ok - but can we get a timeframe for this prediction?
$2.10, today.
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:33 am So we’ll have the same gas prices as England? What do you suggest we do with this information?
If you’ve hedged your fuel costs, would have saved a fortune.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:09 pm
Get ready for car gas $2.50 +.......and an epic sale on piston twins and the like. Gonna get fun.......
$2.10, today.
That's a report, not a prediction ;-)

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Last year you couldn’t find a boat or RV. I think there will be some hot bargains this summer. :lol:

And all those Cessna 185s people are asking half a million for.... What’s 100LL going for these days?

Let’s Go Brandon
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:09 pm
$2.10, today.
Almost there….and you doubted me.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gas-pr ... -1.6453689

2.55 diesel….

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

The price of diesel pisses me off so much. Pure greed. There is no other single commodity price that directly effects the cost of literally everything grown, transported, manufactured, bought, and sold in today's economy than diesel. High diesel prices are high inflation. And there's no reason for it other than oil company greed.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

LMAO...

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

co-joe wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:55 pm The price of diesel pisses me off so much. Pure greed. There is no other single commodity price that directly effects the cost of literally everything grown, transported, manufactured, bought, and sold in today's economy than diesel. High diesel prices are high inflation. And there's no reason for it other than oil company greed.
Other reasons;

Carbon Tax & Laxk of North American Oil Production.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

tsgarp wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:23 pm
co-joe wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:55 pm The price of diesel pisses me off so much. Pure greed. There is no other single commodity price that directly effects the cost of literally everything grown, transported, manufactured, bought, and sold in today's economy than diesel. High diesel prices are high inflation. And there's no reason for it other than oil company greed.
Other reasons;

Carbon tax did not cause diesel to more than double in price in two years.

It’s not the lack of North American oil production either. Otherwise we wouldn’t be exporting it.

It’s the lack of refinery capacity, which is intentional… and BS excuses. Rack prices are going down but prices at the pump are going up. It’s pure unadulterated greed.

But. It’s not going to last. Like every energy cycle ever.. increased production driven by high prices will cross with reduced consumption driven by recession and adoption of modern technologies.

Except in this case instead of buying Japanese compacts in the 70s and 80s to turn around and buy Explorers and Hummers in the 90s and 00s… we will replace almost everything with EVs… and so will end our dependence on oil except in aviation for now and very small industrial sectors.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I read they are talking about diesel rationing soon as in they are running low in the Northeast US. That’s REALLY gonna hurt. GasBuddy is showing diesel at $2.75 in Newfoundland.

Let’s Go Brandon
mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

...And here was I laughing at y'all gassers while I trundled off to the oil pump for my (sometimes cheaper) fillup a couple of years back!

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

‘Bob’ wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:21 pm
tsgarp wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Other reasons;

Carbon tax did not cause diesel to more than double in price in two years.

It’s not the lack of North American oil production either. Otherwise we wouldn’t be exporting it.

It’s the lack of refinery capacity, which is intentional… and BS excuses. Rack prices are going down but prices at the pump are going up. It’s pure unadulterated greed.

But. It’s not going to last. Like every energy cycle ever.. increased production driven by high prices will cross with reduced consumption driven by recession and adoption of modern technologies.

Except in this case instead of buying Japanese compacts in the 70s and 80s to turn around and buy Explorers and Hummers in the 90s and 00s… we will replace almost everything with EVs… and so will end our dependence on oil except in aviation for now and very small industrial sectors.
As we are heading in transition to the right and responsible position of a green economy to save the planet from a looming disaster, make no mistake there will be unforeseen/unknowns going forward. I believe it will be centred on Infrastructure, Environmental and Taxation, I could write three paragraphs in each of these sub titles but naw, probably bore many and subject to abuse by a small select few.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

BTW,

Jet A1 fuel was $12.99 a USG in KLGA last week.

Return to “General Comments”