new CBA

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flybyyou
Rank 1
Rank 1

new CBA

Post by flybyyou »

not trying to talk about ACPA just wanted to know when is it due?
---------- ADS -----------

sportingrifle
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: new CBA

Post by sportingrifle »

What is a "CBA"?

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

Collective Bargaining Agreement, I think

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

One more opener in the 10 year agreement slated for fall 2023. It will be for one year. I wouldn’t call it collective bargaining though as full rights don’t exist during the 10 year agreement. No ability to strike. No ability to ask for more than a 2% raise. Pre agreed arbitration on outstanding issues. So normal bargaining fall 2024.

One caveat. The union has the ability to cut the 10 year agreement at the end of this term because the company hasn’t met the fleet guarantees. This is totally up to the union as they also have the sole right to waive the fleet guarantee.

What ACPA will do? No idea. Personally I don’t see how it would be a good idea to extend the agreement for a 2% raise when inflation is way north of that.

So fall 2023 or 2024 depending on how ACPA responds to the fleet gaurantee issue.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:45 pm One more opener in the 10 year agreement slated for fall 2023. It will be for one year. I wouldn’t call it collective bargaining though as full rights don’t exist during the 10 year agreement. No ability to strike. No ability to ask for more than a 2% raise. Pre agreed arbitration on outstanding issues. So normal bargaining fall 2024.

One caveat. The union has the ability to cut the 10 year agreement at the end of this term because the company hasn’t met the fleet guarantees. This is totally up to the union as they also have the sole right to waive the fleet guarantee.

What ACPA will do? No idea. Personally I don’t see how it would be a good idea to extend the agreement for a 2% raise when inflation is way north of that.

So fall 2023 or 2024 depending on how ACPA responds to the fleet gaurantee issue.
Details on the UAL TA will be out soon.

It will take a 4 star contract and make it 5 star. The disparity to Canadian WAWCON will be even further demoralizing.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

rudder wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:54 pm
Fanblade wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:45 pm One more opener in the 10 year agreement slated for fall 2023. It will be for one year. I wouldn’t call it collective bargaining though as full rights don’t exist during the 10 year agreement. No ability to strike. No ability to ask for more than a 2% raise. Pre agreed arbitration on outstanding issues. So normal bargaining fall 2024.

Details on the UAL TA will be out soon.

It will take a 4 star contract and make it 5 star. The disparity to Canadian WAWCON will be even further demoralizing.
Rumours are 20% more over 3 years.

The absolute crazy thing is that as a YVR recall rages on we have at least one or two elected reps seeking ways to excuse ACPA’s performance.

I will give you a hint. It’s everyone else’s fault, but ours.

I really think they have lost their audience. They might even be increasing the recall vote.

We will see.

Either way. We need out of the asylum

Return to “Air Canada”