PASCO

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

PASCO

Post by mmm..bacon »

With the newest job post out, is this still the way of thing$ at the South Terminal?

Pay Scale Ranges
First Officer = $36,000 – $41,000
704 Captain = $58,000 - $77,000
705 Captain = $66,000 – $98,000
Training Captains = $95,000 - $110,000

*The above is based on an average of 85 credits/month and does not include per diems, training premiums and OT etc. The external posting lists total compensation including benefits and travel privileges etc.

As stated in the posting; “As pilot applications far exceed job vacancies, preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the minimum requirements…” For First Officer applications this especially holds true and it is just not possible to contact every applicant who is qualified.

candidates that are successful are the most qualified as vetted through our interview process which includes a Phone Screen, In Person Behavioral & Technical Interview and a Sim Eval.

Pasco Flt Ops
TIA.
---------- ADS -----------

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Big Bird Anonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: PASCO

Post by Big Bird Anonymous »

I'd suggest anyone looking to join a tier 3 ought to live very close to the airport unless you like driving in heavy traffic and making many trips. Stand ups, min rest days are common.

Anti-antivaxxer
PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

From what I have heard, Pasco is not a great gig as AvCanada's netizens tend to make it out to be. Seems like what was an okay gig pre-pandemic, has gotten worse with the company having thrown out the handshake deal they had with the pilot group (not a union) and the pilots seem to be getting a raw deal since the start of the pandemic.

Big Bird Anonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Big Bird Anonymous »

PeterParker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:05 pm From what I have heard, Pasco is not a great gig as AvCanada's netizens tend to make it out to be. Seems like what was an okay gig pre-pandemic, has gotten worse with the company having thrown out the handshake deal they had with the pilot group (not a union) and the pilots seem to be getting a raw deal since the start of the pandemic.
Most of the positive spin comes from inside

Anti-antivaxxer
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Heard the same. Folks with 10+ years there pushed to the 1900 from the Saab due to reductions in flying to only be stuck on the 1900 as they just trained on it, and flying coming back for the Saab.
PeterParker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:05 pm From what I have heard, Pasco is not a great gig as AvCanada's netizens tend to make it out to be. Seems like what was an okay gig pre-pandemic, has gotten worse with the company having thrown out the handshake deal they had with the pilot group (not a union) and the pilots seem to be getting a raw deal since the start of the pandemic.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

flyinhigh wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:33 pm Heard the same. Folks with 10+ years there pushed to the 1900 from the Saab due to reductions in flying to only be stuck on the 1900 as they just trained on it, and flying coming back for the Saab.
If you’re paid the SAAB rates, who cares? The crawl of shame in the C models is done by the FO, and now you have a plane actually suitable for the conditions they fly in.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

‘Bob’ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:48 am
flyinhigh wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:33 pm Heard the same. Folks with 10+ years there pushed to the 1900 from the Saab due to reductions in flying to only be stuck on the 1900 as they just trained on it, and flying coming back for the Saab.
If you’re paid the SAAB rates, who cares? The crawl of shame in the C models is done by the FO, and now you have a plane actually suitable for the conditions they fly in.
I don't think the Saab pay is noticeably higher than the B1900 pay at Pasco.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

‘Bob’ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:48 am
Ha Ha Ha, I'll bite, what's the crawl of shame? I've never flown a C model 1900

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Going to the back of the plane to make sure everyone is buckled and give personal briefings and then stooping back to the cockpit like a homo habilis. I always wore a thong so people couldn’t see my underwear lines.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Flight94
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flight94 »

‘Bob’ wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:56 am Going to the back of the plane to make sure everyone is buckled and give personal briefings and then stooping back to the cockpit like a homo habilis. I always wore a thong so people couldn’t see my underwear lines.
Homo Habilis! Haha, so true, on multiple levels.

Scubes76
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Scubes76 »

‘Bob’ wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:56 am Going to the back of the plane to make sure everyone is buckled and give personal briefings and then stooping back to the cockpit like a homo habilis. I always wore a thong so people couldn’t see my underwear lines.
Omg, haha. It's posts like this that make reading thru all the threads a little more tolerable. :lol:

FlackoJodye
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlackoJodye »

Any updates on here? Did anything change in regards to the workplace environment/pay within the past 6 months with all the regionals hiring?
Thanks!

seatlight
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by seatlight »

F

Last edited by seatlight on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyerHigh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyerHigh »

FlackoJodye wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:06 am Any updates on here? Did anything change in regards to the workplace environment/pay within the past 6 months with all the regionals hiring?
Thanks!
I'll give you an honest answer with some discretion.

18 days a month of working, with the hope of it being lowered in the coming summer.
Payscale has remained unchanged since prior to COVID. (this is a HUGE driving factor for a lot of people in Vancouver)
B1900 fleet is all GTN750's and LPV
Saab fleet with be getting GTN650's

Some honest notes - 704 pilots always have an eye on them from the uppers... 705 pilots enjoy their time and schedules a lot more than the 704 group.

If you can take having someone in your ear for the little things, the flying is great and the airplanes are great machines.

Dsalk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dsalk »

Anyone have any info on the sched for the 1900? (FO or Capt). The job post today out of Victoria is tempting. What's the temperature at Pasco these days?

Return to “Employment Forum”