YYZ Half-Day Bootcamp 2022

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

YYZ Half-Day Bootcamp 2022

Post by vultajolma »

Just received an invite for the half-day bootcamp, seems to be running from late May-early June when I looked.

Based on the wording seems to be more closer related to a panel interview then our FEAST testing, with them asking us to intrduce ourselves in the beginning. Anyone willing to share anything about the assessment, almost sounds like a group interview.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YYZ Half-Day Bootcamp 2022

Post by 000 »

I've heard it's a lot more relaxed with "fun" group activities but not sure. Good luck at it though!

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

000 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:44 am I've heard it's a lot more relaxed with "fun" group activities but not sure. Good luck at it though!
Pretty much what my interviewer said as well, thanks. I guess I will just go and see!

Anyone else here get an invite and scheduled to go?

737max
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 737max »

vultajolma wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 am
000 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:44 am I've heard it's a lot more relaxed with "fun" group activities but not sure. Good luck at it though!
Pretty much what my interviewer said as well, thanks. I guess I will just go and see!

Me! I am excited and really hoping I will pass. But even if I don’t, after almost 3 years in the recruitment process it will be nice to have an answer one way or the other.

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

737max wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 pm

Me! I am excited and really hoping I will pass. But even if I don’t, after almost 3 years in the recruitment process it will be nice to have an answer one way or the other.
Same here. Good luck, I will be there in June!

I wonder how many people will be there, apparently in the past approximately 30 people came to the two day bootcamp and approx 10 people were selected. But I saw multiple dates when signing up, are they going to see ~150 people?

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 000 »

vultajolma wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:21 pm
737max wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 pm

Same here. Good luck, I will be there in June!

I wonder how many people will be there, apparently in the past approximately 30 people came to the two day bootcamp and approx 10 people were selected. But I saw multiple dates when signing up, are they going to see ~150 people?
150 seems steep to me. I've heard 120ish for FEAST then 40ish for boot camp. At my FEAST at YYZ they said they've been having <120 showing up so it could be an even smaller pool at bootcamp. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

000 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:19 pm 150 seems steep to me. I've heard 120ish for FEAST then 40ish for boot camp. At my FEAST at YYZ they said they've been having <120 showing up so it could be an even smaller pool at bootcamp. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Yea I have to agree, 40 sounds like a more reasonable number, so maybe around 8-10 of us every day, if I remember correctly there were about 5-6 possible days.

These maybe the first batch of half-day assessments they have done so pretty interested to see how it will go. Will try to post whatever I can after the event!

Ben-YYZ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ben-YYZ »

vultajolma wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:37 pm
000 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:19 pm 150 seems steep to me. I've heard 120ish for FEAST then 40ish for boot camp. At my FEAST at YYZ they said they've been having <120 showing up so it could be an even smaller pool at bootcamp. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Yea I have to agree, 40 sounds like a more reasonable number, so maybe around 8-10 of us every day, if I remember correctly there were about 5-6 possible days.

These maybe the first batch of half-day assessments they have done so pretty interested to see how it will go. Will try to post whatever I can after the event!

I just did my interview last week and we haven’t heard back on results yet. They said up to 4 weeks for that so my guess is there will be another round of assessments coming up 1-2 months from now.

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 000 »

Ben-YYZ wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:05 pm

I just did my interview last week and we haven’t heard back on results yet. They said up to 4 weeks for that so my guess is there will be another round of assessments coming up 1-2 months from now.
Ben-YYZ, may I ask when you did your FEAST? You're the person who got the email saying you passed ATC but not FSS right? I passed FEAST recently as well (tested it in mid-April) and moved onto the interview stage but haven't been invited to it. I guess the first round of interviews must have passed on if you had yours just a week ago...

Ben-YYZ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ben-YYZ »

000 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:53 am

Ben-YYZ, may I ask when you did your FEAST? You're the person who got the email saying you passed ATC but not FSS right? I passed FEAST recently as well (tested it in mid-April) and moved onto the interview stage but haven't been invited to it. I guess the first round of interviews must have passed on if you had yours just a week ago...
Yea same guy lol i also did my FEAST mid April, there may be another round of interviews but im not sure, did you pass for ATC, FSS or both? Best of luck to you!

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 000 »

Ben-YYZ wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:12 am
000 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:53 am

Yea same guy lol i also did my FEAST mid April, there may be another round of interviews but im not sure, did you pass for ATC, FSS or both? Best of luck to you!
I got the pass for both ATC and FSS. I sure hope there's another round soon - starting a course in January would be my ideal situation but we'll see. Good luck to you too!

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

Ben-YYZ wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:05 pm I just did my interview last week and we haven’t heard back on results yet. They said up to 4 weeks for that so my guess is there will be another round of assessments coming up 1-2 months from now.
Oh damn they have been doing interviews since late Feb lol

Maybe traininig start dates will be next year and not the fall if they are going to be doing assessments into August.

737max
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 737max »

What is everyone thinking in terms of attire? At the FEAST it seemed completely casual, though that was all computer based. I’m thinking about wearing a suit but its probably overkill.

natalielion
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by natalielion »

737max wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 pm What is everyone thinking in terms of attire? At the FEAST it seemed completely casual, though that was all computer based. I’m thinking about wearing a suit but its probably overkill.
Go business casual. Suit is definitely overkill.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

I know someone who wore a suit to bootcamp and is currently training specialty.

Others didn't wear a suit and got an offer as well.

Bottom line: Suit or no suit won't determine whether you get offered a training spot or not. Not an overkill, but not a must have either.

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

737max wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 pm What is everyone thinking in terms of attire? At the FEAST it seemed completely casual, though that was all computer based. I’m thinking about wearing a suit but its probably overkill.
Yea I think suit is a little overkill, I think business casual is good enough. I am going in a dress shirt and khakis.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

If one goes by the "dress for the job you want" at its face-value, wouldn't a hat, t-shirt, and shorts be an ideal attire?

sk1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sk1996 »

I know theres testing all week long. Wondering for the people who went yesterday and today how many people showed up?

digitallic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by digitallic »

I was in the waiting list and missed the email yesterday when they dropped the extra spots and they were all gone by the time I logged into workday. At 5 pm today I decided to check again just in case and there was a spot available tomorrow and I snapped it up! No idea what to expect, but I’ve been through this application process before and I can tell you that it’s important that you don’t show any nervousness. They want people in training who they think can work under pressure and stay cool.

Good luck to everyone !

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

sk1996 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:35 am I know theres testing all week long. Wondering for the people who went yesterday and today how many people showed up?
Yea i would be interested to know how many people showed up a day and what kind of turnaround we should expect going forward.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”