Inflation adjustment to your wage

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Inflation adjustment to your wage

Post by Heavy Rayn »

Title says it all. A bunch of people from other industries are reporting wage adjustments for inflation, some as far as 15%. Has anyone actually heard of this happening in the aviation industry, or has had it happen to them? I’ll be shocked if anyone says yes.
---------- ADS -----------

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Inflation adjustment to your wage

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Every airline is bound by the collective agreement. While the company can and does always ask for changes/concessions due to unforeseen circumstances. It doesn't work quite the same going the other way. I'd imagine anyone who has received a proper inflation adjustment, is working in non-unionized outfits.

Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heavy Rayn »

Yeah like I said I’d be shocked if anyone has actually received an adjustment. Maybe some corporate driver for a private owner. Definitely not expecting a unionized workplace to willingly increases wages above the CBA. Seems like another flaw in our industry’s pay scheme.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

Stronger language required for spikes in CPI and inflation required in all CBA's. Something along the lines of- Payscales published in the CBA represent the benchmark rate of 2% per year. During periods of heightened CPI and inflation all FCM's are to receive monthly adjusted inflationary raises paid out on the final pay period for that month. When and if inflationary concerns to cost of living decrease the company may return to the published payscale but never below the benchmark rate.

You know along with the unicorns and rainbows n shit.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Tying minimum wage to inflation by law would certainly be eye opening for a lot of people.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Heavy Rayn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:05 pm Title says it all. A bunch of people from other industries are reporting wage adjustments for inflation, some as far as 15%. Has anyone actually heard of this happening in the aviation industry, or has had it happen to them? I’ll be shocked if anyone says yes.
It hasn’t kept up with inflation since 1986. Free trade is what fuels this industry lol

Commonwealth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Commonwealth »

3% Bump
Non union shop

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

I know of at least one airline where the cabin crew collective agreement has language which allows for an adjustment of salary if CPI goes up out of proportion with the wage scale, which is set at 2% increase annually. The union and management are currently in talks to see how that's going to play out.

Return to “General Comments”