YVR Base Chair Recall

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: YVR Base Chair Recall

Post by RippleRock »

eurotrash wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:06 am
sportingrifle wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:08 pm So if, and I am just speculating, the recall vote fails, especially if it fails by more than 50%, what are the LEC councillors going to do? By rights they should all resign on mass. They started this whole deal because they couldn't work with the chair and vice chair. If the tribe speaks and keeps the chair and vice chair, they have to resign. But I bet they won't.
So have you emailed your base chairs asking them to resign yet?

68% of the voters want them gone. If they have any integrity at all they need to "return to the line"
It would be nice, but that's laughable.

Cottage season is just beginning on Vancouver Island. Why would anyone resign when they are fully displaced with full 777 Skipper pay? Ever wonder why people claim he can never hear them when they call with a legitimate issue? Poor cell service when you're out in the sticks fly fishing with a beer in hand.

Maybe when fall arrives with the rain. But even then, why would you go back to a real job if you didn't need to? Especially when you were the architect/supporter of crappier WACON, and everybody knows it.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

What is/was the recall threshold?

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

2/3rds of the entire base Membership. 67% voted to oust them with a 83% voter turnout.

Thus, +-15% of the pilots who didn't bother to vote were effective "no"'s. Which is insane.

No other clause in our entire collective agreement has such a high threshold requirement. Oddly self serving.

At the end, the overall majority of the base Membership, even in absolute numbers, wants them both gone.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

rudder wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:34 am What is/was the recall threshold?
2/3 absolute majority.

80% + voter turnout with 66 & 68% voting to recall, over half of all base members, including non-voters, voted to recall. But with the 2/3 absolute required it's a high threshold to meet.

Still, if I knew more than half the people on base didn't want me representing them, I'd think it's time to step down. The message was clearly sent.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

altiplano wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:59 am
2/3 absolute majority.

80% + voter turnout with 66 & 68% voting to recall, over half of all base members, including non-voters, voted to recall. But with the 2/3 absolute required it's a high threshold to meet.

Still, if I knew more than half the people on base didn't want me representing them, I'd think it's time to step down. The message was clearly sent.
Yet another anomaly in the brilliantly crafted ACPA Constitution.

Imagine having to count non-cast ballots in any vote tally.

Run away. Run far, far away.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

rudder wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:03 am
2/3 absolute majority.

It's absolutely self serving to have for that in with the governance reform. Without any oversight of these reps, member recall is all there is.

That said, I believe ALPA requires 2/3 absolute majority for some votes, including high level MEC position recalls, but they also have proper checks and better oversight in place.

Not to argue, ACPA governance is a tub of shit... but to be clear, ALPA also counts non-votes where absolutes dictate it.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

rudder wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:03 am
2/3 absolute majority.

ACPA is rotten to the core. Pitch it in the bin and start over.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

altiplano wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 am
That said, I believe ALPA requires 2/3 absolute majority for some votes, including high level MEC position recalls, but they also have proper checks and better oversight in place.

Not to argue, ACPA governance is a tub of shit... but to be clear, ALPA also counts non-votes where absolutes dictate it.
I will have to go do some research but while I am aware of the 2/3rds vs 50%+1 on some matters, I cannot recall instances where non-cast ballots have any validity.

Every member is given a chance to vote. If you don’t vote, there is no default value to that non-cast ballot.

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

Have these 2 stepped down yet?

68% of Members voted for them to go 24 hrs ago

It's astounding they haven't resigned yet

Winnikegger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Winnikegger »

Tick tock Blake & Quinn...

If the membership doesn't want you representing you, and you stick around, are you hanging in there for your management buds?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

It's unbelievable that they haven't stepped down yet with such a significant rejection of their continued leadership.

They still think they know what's best. Also likely that their company handlers want them to remain in place as long as possible.

Either way, pretty fucking poor form.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

I think they would have resigned by now if they were going to do so. I had someone send me some of the YUL facebook DC drivel.

DC thinks the councillors who initiated the recall should resign. Reading his stuff is like reading someone who writes from a different planet.

Does the YUL membership buy this stuff??????

And why is he sticking his nose in base politics? Possibly because if Blake and Quinn should resign for actions taken in April so should he.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

You guys think that these two, who have sold out the Membership and worked hard with Management to --lower our expectations-- for "some unknown reason" would suddenly have the moral fortitude to honor the Memberships wishes by stepping down???

That's completely insane. Time to wake up to reality.

They will step down when their Management handlers tell them to. If they do it before, I will be shocked.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Displacement with DBM top up+ ACPA expenses (monies for internet, per diets, clothing and mileage pay) !

No chance in hell anyone will resign.

What is Dan C. saying on FB?

flyingfool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingfool »

Rooster69 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:16 am Displacement with DBM top up+ ACPA expenses (monies for internet, per diets, clothing and mileage pay) !

No chance in hell anyone will resign.

What is Dan C. saying on FB?
Stating publicly he will be harassing members

Attachments
screenshot_20220526-163351_whatsapp.jpg
screenshot_20220526-163351_whatsapp.jpg (63.26 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

I saw that on Facebook...

Every post from Dan makes me cringe

Hopefully my base wakes up before he leads us off a cliff

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Montroyal wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:41 am I saw that on Facebook...

Every post from Dan makes me cringe

Hopefully my base wakes up before he leads us off a cliff

Every base is like an old boys club. A handful of guys control who will run to be the Chair. Any outsider that runs is always at a disadvantage due to name recognition. How many times has Dan C. been Chair or Vice-Chair? How many times has LEC Chair been acclaimed? Out in YVR, how many years have the two been running Committed or on LEC?
Unfortunately, there is a very low amount of pilots who even want to take an active role in union stewardship. If new blood gets in to a union position they usually get so frustrated that they quit early on.

dumpsterfire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dumpsterfire »

Blake, the YVR Base Chair, runs his local council like a corrupted Dictator, gets recalled and 68% of the base vote for him to go

Meanwhile, the Former MEC Chair, goes on a rampage on the unofficial official forum berating & belittling members because he supports Blake, the disgraced king of being fully displacement in cottage country

Dan, The YUL Chair telling people publicly he is going to be harassing people because he supports the YVR Chairs because he doesn't comprehend basic division in calculating percentages

Just another day of the raging Dumpster Fire that has allowed flag carrier pilots to be paid than less flight Attendants and ULCCs!

If there is ANY integrity among this group, Blake & Quinn need to quit. Anything less is just more fuel for this raging Dumpster Fire called the Old Boys Club of ACPA

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Well I don’t know about everyone else but I think they have had enough time to respond to Thursdays results.

They have chosen not to. Just like they chose not to respond to what happened in April.

They have not been listening to membership input, so why we would we expect it now? 2/3 voted them out of office. But they are going to stay anyway.

This is just another nail in ACPA self made coffin.

So maybe there is a positive.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I'm really surprised they didn't put out a base newsletter and address the results and way forward one way or another.

What's Blake doing? He's fully displaced, paid 777 Captain wages by the membership's dues, and he's got nothing to say? Maybe he's out fishing and will get to us when he gets back

Blake...
Blake...
Bueller...
BUELLER...

Return to “Air Canada”