Jazz current real hiring hours

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Navbee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz current real hiring hours

Post by Navbee »

Just wondering what's the current amount of hours approximately the pilots getting called for interviews at Jazz have. I would imagine with over a year without any GS, there's a good bunch of resumes coming in with 2000h+ from 703-704. Especially with the direct entry captain position open now!

Thanks and fly safe!
---------- ADS -----------

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz current real hiring hours

Post by RegionalPilot »

The ones I know who have received the call have an ATPL in their pocket as a minimum.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

DEC at Jazz...who would have ever thought this day would come...

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

co-joe wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:01 pm DEC at Jazz...who would have ever thought this day would come...
The reality is there is more than enough pilots eligible for an upgrade at the moment at Jazz. To be noted that while Jazz may have numerous pilots without an ATPL, ALL Sky Regional pilots who integrated the Jazz pilot list are upgradable (SKY had an ATPL requirement to be employed there). Blaming this on the shortage of fo's is questionnable because they are hiring around 20 fo's each 3 weeks now.

Is there is something we dont know ? more planes coming?

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:49 am
The reality is there is more than enough pilots eligible for an upgrade at the moment at Jazz. To be noted that while Jazz may have numerous pilots without an ATPL, ALL Sky Regional pilots who integrated the Jazz pilot list are upgradable (SKY had an ATPL requirement to be employed there). Blaming this on the shortage of fo's is questionnable because they are hiring around 20 fo's each 3 weeks now.

Is there is something we dont know ? more planes coming?
The toilfoil hat theorist in me suggests that it might be a way to keep union pushes for wage increases aside and get the union riled up about something else instead?

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

How many resumes did Jazz get for the current posting? Until those dry up, the pilot group has no leverage for pay increases..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

mmm..bacon wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:58 pm How many resumes did Jazz get for the current posting? Until those dry up, the pilot group has no leverage for pay increases..
Haha, good thing they are locked in for another 12 years.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

flyinhigh wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:36 am
mmm..bacon wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:58 pm How many resumes did Jazz get for the current posting? Until those dry up, the pilot group has no leverage for pay increases..
Haha, good thing they are locked in for another 12 years.
AC is reviewing its own entry pay.

If Jazz has to call AC and say it cannot staff planned flying due to inability to hire/upgrade (lack of qualified applicants), then Jazz entry pay will also need to be reviewed.

If Jazz upgrades are going at less than 12 months LOS, then you need to be hiring ATPL qualified pilots.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

how many will actually decide to go over once they realize the downsides.. starting pay even left seat, end of the seniority list for a long time, etc

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

I understand the BOTL for awhile, but lets face it at Jazz a 5 year Captain is sitting pretty comfortable.

That said, while on the bottom life would be miserable if you don't live at one of the bases.

lidi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lidi »

Do you think this “shortage of FOs “ for Jazz will continue for another year or so or is this ‘shortage’ BS.

And would they hire someone with like 750-1000 hours?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

lidi wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:25 am Do you think this “shortage of FOs “ for Jazz will continue for another year or so or is this ‘shortage’ BS.

And would they hire someone with like 750-1000 hours?
Eventually, yes (if you have multi time).

But current needs are ATPL for quick upgrade (unless you are coming from a college program). After that 705 experience (either seat). Then 703/704 multi time.

lidi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lidi »

Ok thank you, so no multi time no job . Thanks for the feedback much appreciated

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

lidi wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:04 am Ok thank you, so no multi time no job . Thanks for the feedback much appreciated
Eventually Jazz will be back to hiring single engine flight instructors, or perhaps PC12 FO. But that won’t be 2022. Might be later in 2023. All depends on the qualifications of the applicant pool.

Peachtrees
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Peachtrees »

I've almost 1200TT Multi Turbine with regional experience and still not a word from Jazz, don't have the ATPL/Frozen anything like it yet tho, it could be the reason why.

yepivedonethat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yepivedonethat »

They don't have an experience requirement so much as an image or "type" that they hire as entry level folks these days.... I.E. if you look like a fresh-faced androgenously multi-racial non-binary human who still has mother's milk on their face..... You're in!

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

yepivedonethat wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:12 am They don't have an experience requirement so much as an image or "type" that they hire as entry level folks these days.... I.E. if you look like a fresh-faced androgenously multi-racial non-binary human who still has mother's milk on their face..... You're in!
eye roll...

Anyways, usually they look for multi and turbine time, and hopefully with some pic for a quicker upgrade. My 2c is they wont be hiring any college grads or instructors till next year unless they run out of more experienced people.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

flyingcanuck wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:54 pm
Anyways, usually they look for multi and turbine time, and hopefully with some pic for a quicker upgrade. My 2c is they wont be hiring any college grads or instructors till next year unless they run out of more experienced people.
Wrong.

lidi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lidi »

rudder wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:08 pm
Wrong.
You mean there is hope for us 800 to 900 hour guys in the next 18 months to get on board?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

lidi wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:26 pm
rudder wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:08 pm
Wrong.
You mean there is hope for us 800 to 900 hour guys in the next 18 months to get on board?
Not sure if that is the case but the stream from the aviation colleges continues.

Return to “Employment Forum”