YVR Base Chair Recall

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: YVR Base Chair Recall

Post by Fanblade »

altiplano wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:20 pm I'm really surprised they didn't put out a base newsletter and address the results and way forward one way or another.

What's Blake doing? He's fully displaced, paid 777 Captain wages by the membership's dues, and he's got nothing to say? Maybe he's out fishing and will get to us when he gets back

Blake...
Blake...
Bueller...
BUELLER...
They have been NORDO ever since it leaked what they were up to in April. I don’t think they even wrote their recall literature.

Base Chair and Vice MIA now approaching 2 months.

What odds would you give me if I said I didn’t think they will even do another LMM?
---------- ADS -----------

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

I'm not ONE BIT surprised. ZERO integrity.

This kind of distain for the Membership at large is unforgivable. I'm personally paying their wages while these "jacka$$es" are on full displacement. Not a peep.

What a JOKE ACPA has become. A vindictive, nasty, ineffectual joke. This organization doesn't deserve to be in a toilet.

Get your $hit together Membership. This "dogs abortion" ultimately rests on the heads of those of us who are putting up with it.

Alkasultzer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alkasultzer »

Nearly one week since over 2/3s of the base voted wanting them gone, and them refusing to see the data, just imagine these guys continuing on the MEC with the 10 yrs contract ending

Imagine all the other numbers they can ignore

Yikes :cry:

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

RippleRock wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:54 pm I'm not ONE BIT surprised. ZERO integrity.

This kind of distain for the Membership at large is unforgivable. I'm personally paying their wages while these "jacka$$es" are on full displacement. Not a peep.

What a JOKE ACPA has become. A vindictive, nasty, ineffectual joke. This organization doesn't deserve to be in a toilet.

There is a rumour floating around that one of the two chairs have now launched a harassment accusation against one or all the councillors who initiated the recall.

They are not going to step down. Now it’s time for retribution instead. Sounds about right.

Strategically I can see the benefit. It will shut down any open dialogue about the recall results for a period of time. It will also likely quell open membership calls to resign.

End result. They stay on. They don’t endure any membership response.

Ignoring and shutting down the membership with one move.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Harassment?

As opposed to their baseless COI claims?

These guys are idiots.

It's no wonder we suck so bad.

eurotrash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by eurotrash »

So let me get this straight...

Timeline:

- The YVR & YUL Chairs get together and push forward a conflict of interest motion because they want to exert control over the MEC because they don't have the votes to push forward a company friendly agenda

- The YVR Chair runs his council like Putin and gets recalled

- The YUL Chair states publicly on his Facebook page he is going to be harassing the Councilors because he is buds with the YVR Chair

- The YVR Chairs now allege harassment against their own council because they got recalled with over 2/3s of the base wanting them gone

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

It's time Gary Russel stands up and puts an end to this nonsense. Hello GARY???

There must be a clause in the Constitution that allows action and Membership interest protection against democratic subversion. Isn't there some form of "non-confidence motion" that would trigger elections? I promise you there is no better time, as confidence in our representation is at ZERO.

There is NO WAY anything is getting done until this is solved, which effectively nullifies my representation. What are the Memberships rights in all this??? I DEMAND A FULL RECALL AND VOTE.

ACPA is literally imploding, and we are all still paying dues to --fully displace-- these traitors.

Last edited by RippleRock on Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Why do the pilots allow someone to do union work and not fly the line? There is no way to effectively represent if you have no idea what’s happening in the real world. Everyone involved in the union should fly at least a half block in my opinion.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

ACPA Constitutional foundation circa 1997 - “We are going to be a grass roots/member driven organization”.

Really? How is that working out in 2022?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

RippleRock wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:49 am It's time Gary Russel stands up and puts an end to this nonsense. Hello GARY???

There must be a clause in the Constitution that allows action and Membership interest protection against democratic subversion. Isn't there some form of "non-confidence motion" that would trigger elections? I promise you there is no better time, as confidence in our representation is at ZERO.

There is NO WAY anything is getting done until this is solved, which effectively nullifies my representation. What are the Memberships rights in all this??? I DEMAND A FULL RECALL AND VOTE.

ACPA is literally imploding, and we are all still paying dues to --fully displace-- these traitors.
It’s ACPA. Direction and control is vested with the membership.

That line is just a fallacy. Proof. Just try and exercise that direction and control. Look what happened in April. Look what just happened now.

I don’t think there is anything the MEC Chair can do. Even though the recall was 68% in favour, it didn’t meet the absolute majority required. The recall failed.

That means it is completely up to the two of them, as to how they response. Resign, ignore it, or look in the mirror and change behaviour.

They chose ignore it. And then took action to silence everything.

The only thing we can do is change the constitution to a simple majority and then recall again. There is no other mechanism.

Time consuming. A recall stops all union business including the unity initiative. What’s more important? Union change or two guys in VR?

In fact them staying will probably drive fence sitters toward union change.

In the mean time I suggest we just ignore them. Apparently there is a way to get off base representation if you want. Talk to a councillor

Snafu-99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Snafu-99 »

Did any of you geniuses attend high school, and pass?

The threshold for success, for better or worse, ( and I agree worse ) was a 66% yes vote. The result came in at 54%. The recall FAILED.

Play by the rules, accept the result and stop all the pissing and moaning. Let’s focus on changing the rules and moving forward so this shit doesn’t happen again.

But I fully agree, at the very least a simple 66% of actual votes should carry the day. 66% of “eligible” votes is absolutely nuts.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

RippleRock wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:49 am Apparently there is a way to get off base representation if you want. Talk to a councillor

I dunno about off base representation….but Can I get off ACPA representation….asking for a friend

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

BingBong wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:25 am
RippleRock wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:49 am Apparently there is a way to get off base representation if you want. Talk to a councillor

I dunno about off base representation….but Can I get off ACPA representation….asking for a friend
If your ACPA elected reps or the organization itself are choosing to act as a ‘filter’ to alternative representation, then the members of the bargaining unit can act independently to seek alternative representation.

http://www.cirb-ccri.gc.ca/eic/site/047 ... 00778.html

ALPA would run a card drive to amass at least 50% subscription from the eligible members (a slightly moving target during a period of large growth in the bargaining unit). Once achieved, ALPA could submit to the CIRB for a representation vote. All that is required for certification is 50%+1 OF BALLOTS CAST (note to ACPA - this is called a democratic result).

Given that there is a CBA in force, the open period for the application commences 90 days prior to the expiry of the CBA. Normally, an initiative like this would begin at least 12 months prior to the open period.

flyingfool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingfool »

So did I just read what I thought I read?

The 32 times champions of ACPA excellence are going to stay on because of all their experience of success?

Good thing the membership had a say where close to 70% wanted them tossed.

Looks like management has more of a say at ACPA. Looks like more of the same going forward

eurotrash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by eurotrash »

They write:

"those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Exactly Blake & Quinn

You have been here for a decade. You are the history.

Move along for the sake of the membership, our union and negotiations

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Best to ignore them and move on.

They don't have the support of their own LEC or base. Leave them dead to the rest of the association.

The rest MEC doesn't need them (or YWG/YUL reps) to move forward. The membership doesn't need them.

Fuckem.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

altiplano wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:19 pm Best to ignore them and move on.

They don't have the support of their own LEC or base. Leave them dead to the rest of the association.

The rest MEC doesn't need them (or YWG/YUL reps) to move forward. The membership doesn't need them.

Fuckem.
Agree,

A little ironic though, that Ford took 67% of the seats in the provincial legislature yesterday. The leader of the Liberal and NDP immediately resigned. There was no requirement for them to do so either.

The following day in the alternate reality of ACPA land………

Just remember this when it comes time to turf ACPA.

ReturnoftheMike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ReturnoftheMike »

Colic cry babies,

The supreme Chairs of North ACPAorea have spoken and the sooner we move on from this unfortunate display of betrayal, the better

This institution is one built on a history of excellence and experience. While these two may only have 26% of the base support, they are superior in intellect and don't allow the interests of their peasants to steer them away from personal glory.

As we enter negotiations, it's imperative these two are in the room controlling any conflict that could occur with our overlords, the corporation. Only through continued support of the company's needs will be in a better position to advance their ability squeeze the last penny out of this pathetic pilot group.

Long live the righteous kings

flareonimpact
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flareonimpact »

Q

Return to “Air Canada”