Looking for aviation consultant (702 AOC)

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lidi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Looking for aviation consultant (702 AOC)

Post by lidi »

Good day aviators, I’m searching for either an individual or consultant to assist me or perform the task on achieving a 702 aerial sightseeing operating certificate for the province of Ontario.

How long , the cost. The last one i did was way back in 1988 so it’s been a long time for me.

Much appreciated
---------- ADS -----------

Bradley Tucker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Looking for aviation consultant (702 AOC)

Post by Bradley Tucker »

Sent you a PM

lidi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lidi »

I’d like to thank Bradley for the great feedback info, much appreciated. I’d like to hear from others if it has taken them 3,6,9,12 months or longer to obtain a 703 AOC and the obstacles that came dealing with Transport Canada.

Thanks aviators

bluejayaviationltd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bluejayaviationltd »

lidi wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:54 am Good day aviators, I’m searching for either an individual or consultant to assist me or perform the task on achieving a 702 aerial sightseeing operating certificate for the province of Ontario.

How long , the cost. The last one i did was way back in 1988 so it’s been a long time for me.

Much appreciated
Sent you a PM.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

Given the personnel requirements of 703, it may be easier to get a 406 FTUOC.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
lidi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lidi »

Thank you for your help on this topic.

I talked to one individual that has a couple of planes for sale as he’s trying to sell his 702 flight school. He told me he bought the school from another province and moved it to Ontario and it still took him 9 months and almost $50000 to get approved. He ended up so frustrated with Transport Canada he is shutting down his business.

I don’t think it’s worth it fighting and spending time and money on a 703.
Crazy!

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

Tbh, it’s sort of a case of if you have rabbits, you can make lots of rabbits, but if you have no rabbits, you can’t make any rabbits.

If you are starting from scratch, the creation of the paper required can be daunting, and TC can be incredibly unhelpful. A typical problem is a submission can get rejected, sometimes on the first mistake the inspector finds, and the back and forth eats unearthly amounts of time if your progression works in that fashion. If you are paying wages of personnel required, while waiting to get going, it’s a money pit. A lot of consultants out there also don’t know what they are doing, and beware of anyone who touts big airplane or big airport experience, as their solutions probably don’t fit your budget.

One of my recommendations would be to try and acquire the required paper of an operation that is already in business. They may have a template to work with. This won’t be free though, and I wouldn’t expect it from some direct competition. Don’t try and reinvent the wheel.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

lidi wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:09 pm Thank you for your help on this topic.

I talked to one individual that has a couple of planes for sale as he’s trying to sell his 702 flight school.
Crazy!
WTF is one of those?

Flight schools operate under part IV of the regulations. If you want to get on well with TC and get your paperwork through first time, attention to detail is *everything*.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

Fun story, I once submitted a COM revision, and thinking I would be helpful I highlit all the sections I had changed, and it was accompanied by some notes which explained that the highlighting was only to help them see the changed sections and wouldn’t appear in the finished copy, and I got a letter back saying how all the revisions were rejected because the highlighted format was unacceptable. Fun!

sunk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sunk »

Square tail, right in the manual gives you the proper way to mark the changes you make in the com. It’s very easy.

sunk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sunk »

I moved my OC and kept operating while I made the changes, paperwork only took a couple months and was easy.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

sunk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:20 pm Square tail, right in the manual gives you the proper way to mark the changes you make in the com. It’s very easy.
Oh i know that now. That was a younger more idealistic Squaretail who made that mistake. Lesson learned.

Return to “General Comments”