Hiring DEC's

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Hiring DEC's

Post by bcflyer »

Papa_Justin wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:08 pm
bcflyer wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:52 pm
Papa_Justin wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:36 pm

Could you share some examples of where to aim?
Seriously?? Take a look at just about any major airline in the US. Let’s look at Southwest. A LCC. They fly the 737 domestically. Here are their Captain pay scales.
12 274
11 271
10 268
9 265
8 262
7 259
6 256
5 253
4 250
3 247
2 244
1 241
I was under the impression that you were talking about Canadian airlines. Ya I'm aware the states are far more ahead pay-wise. Out of curiosity, could a pilot residing in Montreal work for an American airline?
That would depend on a couple things. If you were American then absolutely you could live in Montreal. If you were Canadian on a green card then I believe you would be required to live in the US until you got citizenship, then you could live wherever you want. So the answer is it depends.
---------- ADS -----------

Papa_Justin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papa_Justin »

flyinhigh wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:12 am
I was under the impression that you were talking about Canadian airlines. Ya I'm aware the states are far more ahead pay-wise. Out of curiosity, could a pilot residing in Montreal work for an American airline?

You should know by now that whenever Avcanada talks about wages it is purely in USD as that's all the lawyers/arbitrators look at during negotiations :smt040 .
New on the forum, so i wasn't aware. Thanks for the input

Papa_Justin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papa_Justin »

bcflyer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:39 am
Seriously?? Take a look at just about any major airline in the US. Let’s look at Southwest. A LCC. They fly the 737 domestically. Here are their Captain pay scales.
12 274
11 271
10 268
9 265
8 262
7 259
6 256
5 253
4 250
3 247
2 244
1 241
That would depend on a couple things. If you were American then absolutely you could live in Montreal. If you were Canadian on a green card then I believe you would be required to live in the US until you got citizenship, then you could live wherever you want. So the answer is it depends.
Oh ok. Gotcha. I'm a Canadian living in canada. No real interest in living in the united states haha

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Papa_Justin wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:00 am

Oh ok. Gotcha. I'm a Canadian living in canada. No real interest in living in the united states haha
So because you live in Canada you are ok being paid less to do the same job as someone in another country?

Papa_Justin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papa_Justin »

bcflyer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 pm
Papa_Justin wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:00 am
So because you live in Canada you are ok being paid less to do the same job as someone in another country?
Those are your words, not mine. I said I have no interest in living in the united states. I am not interested in the politics, I am not interested in paying an arm and a leg in case of a medical emergency. I am not interested in worrying if my child would be shot at school. I am not interested in the more prominent racial issues and struggles (i am a man of color). I am not interested in moving away from family and loved ones (there's no price on living a happy life with the people you love).

I think that should clarify things.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

So anyways, back to the topic ya?

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

Actually, if you were American you could NOT simply live in YUL. Try telling Canada Customs, as an American, that you are living in Canada without the right to do so. Travel is simple but residency is not.

Why do Canadians feel they should be paid the same as their American counterparts? Living costs, taxes, political and cultural landscape etc. are all different.

12 274
11 271
10 268
9 265
8 262
7 259
6 256
5 253
4 250
3 247
2 244
1 241

nynybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nynybear »

What's with Canadians calling Immigration 'Customs'?
Same uniform but they are not synonymous with each other and each process plays its part differently. I'm sure some of you are old enough to remeber the CCRA and not the CIRA? Not sure about now but back in the day (pre-pandemic) there were plenty of Canadians commuting south of the border for various work opportunities and vice versa. Obviously the morning southbound/afternoon northbound lineups were longer.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

nynybear wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:25 pm What's with Canadians calling Immigration 'Customs'?
Same uniform but they are not synonymous with each other and each process plays its part differently. I'm sure some of you are old enough to remeber the CCRA and not the CIRA? Not sure about now but back in the day (pre-pandemic) there were plenty of Canadians commuting south of the border for various work opportunities and vice versa. Obviously the morning southbound/afternoon northbound lineups were longer.
Because that’s what we call it in Canada?? Why do the Brit’s and Aussies call a trunk a boot? Is this a hard concept?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

nynybear wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:25 pm What's with Canadians calling Immigration 'Customs'?
Because the same agency is responsible for both here and its a one stop process vs passing through immigration and then customs like I did on entering the Philippines

nynybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nynybear »

Me thinks you both failed to grasp my point. The conversation was about right of abode and work so unless you're doing it correctly you'll never make it past Immigration to Customs. Brits also have Immigration, and I'm sorry but 'a boot'? Seriously? Not exactly a fair equivalent for an organization that controls peoples lives eh matey...

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

nynybear wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:02 am Me thinks you both failed to grasp my point. The conversation was about right of abode and work so unless you're doing it correctly you'll never make it past Immigration to Customs. Brits also have Immigration, and I'm sorry but 'a boot'? Seriously? Not exactly a fair equivalent for an organization that controls peoples lives eh matey...
Actually the conversation was about DEC hiring at Flair. You nitwits decided to derail the topic.

Return to “Flair Airlines”