Guys for CAT1, any one here who has eye acuity in each eye 20/25 and holds CAT1 ?

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

moemoe1989fa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Guys for CAT1, any one here who has eye acuity in each eye 20/25 and holds CAT1 ?

Post by moemoe1989fa »

hello :D
Guys my vision acuity in each eye is 20/25. Both eyes acuity is 20/25. Looked at transport Canada website they did not mention about both eyes. My vision not correctable to 20/20 for some reason. Is my vision considered as fit for Cat1 ? Any one here who got same eye acuity and holds CAT1 ? Any one here holds CAT1 with same acuity ? Thx
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Guys for CAT1, any one here who has eye acuity in each eye 20/25 and holds CAT1 ?

Post by photofly »

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/public ... 13312#fig3

Figure 3 - Vision Standards

Distant Vision

Category 1

In each eye separately, equal or better than
6/9 (20/30) Corrected or uncorrected in each eye.

6/6 (20/20) both eyes

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Guys for CAT1, any one here who has eye acuity in each eye 20/25 and holds CAT1 ?

Post by Dronepiper »

Don’t let photofly drag you down. He didn’t even answer your question, all he did was spit out the “normal” regs.

20/25 should be find for both eyes, but talk to a TC CAME first and start the process. They have made exemptions in the past for vision that is close to limits. They might just want a detailed ophthalmologist report.

I would do this tomorrow, because they are taking up to 12 months to process CAT 1 medicals.

Return to “Health & Fitness”